British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

1948 Queries

1 minute ago, gustix said:

Go for 2) chunky!!!

So John, you believe your personal memories and self-promotion are of more interest to speedway fans than statistical accuracy and educated debate?

Aside from the amusing anti-gustix waffle in regard to Dave Allan:

(1) Where is the 'corrected' information from Dave Allan to be found other than in BSF Posts? Is there a Dave Allan forum somewhere - if so please place the Link.

(2) When Dave Allan's corrections/updates have been made wherever that may be, will the 'wrong' information still be intact in its original Forum/Post?

(3) On the assumption item (2) is correct how will all the 'corrected' information be forwarded to its original source?

Edited by Guest
spelling error

40 minutes ago, gustix said:

Aside from the amusing anti-gustix waffle, in regard to Dave Allan:

(1) Where is the 'corrected' information from Dave Allan to be found other than in BSF Posts? Is there a Dave Alan forum somewhere - if so please place the Link.

(2) When Dave Allan's corrections/updates have been made wherever that may be, will the 'wrong' information still be intact in its original Forum/Post?

(3) On the assumption item (2) is correct how will all the 'corrected' information be forwarded to its original source?

Get stuffed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Get stuffed.

Personally, I think you should say how you REALLY feel. You shouldn't hold back on my account...

• Haha 1

Where is the 'corrected' information from Dave Allan to be found other than in BSF Posts? Is there a Dave Allan forum somewhere - if so please place the Link.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Aside from the amusing anti-gustix waffle...

Speaking personally, I am not "anti-gustix"; I am anti-stupidity, regardless of its origin.

I know, I know, if that is the case, why am I on the BSF then??? :blink:

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

Where is the 'corrected' information from Dave Allan to be found other than in BSF Posts? Is there a Dave Allan forum somewhere - if so please place the Link.

Could someone PLEASE answer our esteemed colleague? Someone? ANYONE?

For if not, I fear numerous requests of a similar nature...

23 minutes ago, chunky said:

30 minutes ago, gustix said:

There is a clue on the Glasgow files for the 1970s and 1980s on the Speedway Researcher website...… compiled by Dave Allan.  I believe has previously explained on the forum that he is working on updating the fixture details on lists taken from the website for each season.  No doubt the results of his work will be shared there in due course.

51 minutes ago, gustix said:

45 minutes ago, chunky said:

14 minutes ago, BL65 said:

There is a clue on the Glasgow files for the 1970s and 1980s on the Speedway Researcher website...… compiled by Dave Allan.  I believe has previously explained on the forum that he is working on updating the fixture details on lists taken from the website for each season.  No doubt the results of his work will be shared there in due course.

Excellent BL65. I can think of no better place than The Speedway Researcher. Again, all success to Dave Allan in his efforts.

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, gustix said:

Excellent BL65. I can think of no better place than The Speedway Researcher. Again, all success to Dave Allan in his efforts.

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Blimey !!!! do you play a musical instrument ?  you can certainly change a tune.

I fail to understand your comment racers and royals. I have never decried th efforts of Dave Allan or his research. What I have debated basically was where when responses to his queries had been made and the purpose of them. That was eventually clarified by BL65 as being The Speedway Researcher. It was a sound answer to what I wanted to know and was welcome. The deviations I was supposed to be creating were the usual type of comment that certain BSF posters are known for and led to the departure of some BSF members to Facebook in preference.

Edited by Guest

I think we can all clearly see who deviated the thread and created that whole ballyhoo !!! As usual should I say. Maybe your friends who sometimes look in or even one or two of your family who help you out can have a word in your shell like this time

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gustix said:

I fail to understand your comment racers and royals. I have never decried th efforts of Dave Allan or his research. What I have debated basically was where when responses to his queries had been made and the purpose of them. That was eventually clarified by BL65 as being The Speedway Researcher. It was a sound answer to what I wanted to know and was welcome. The deviations I was supposed to be creating were the usual type of comment that certain BSF posters are known for and led to the departure of some BSF members to Facebook in preference.

1 tune

On 8/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, gustix said:

I don't decry the efforts of Dave Allan in his task or the fact there are BSF members prepared to assist him. If he enjoys all this research good luck to him in his efforts. I just cannot appreciate the worth of it all in regard to an area of British sport that diminishes year on year in regard to general interest.  How many speedway supporters are there who have a genuine interest for example '...who finished third in heat five of the New Cross v Harringay match in May 1947...'? And when Dave Allan's task is completed where are they likely to be viewed? But again - good luck to him in his chosen and dedicated task.

Another tune

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

I am confused racers and royals

I produce evidence that I have been supportive of Dave Allan apart from querying the actual destiny for results to his research queries. That was explained by another Poster which I welcomed and indicated such was accepted by me. Yet somehow you have failed to accept my supportive remarks in regard to Dave Allan's research and insist that I continue to be negative which is far from the case if you again read my comments.  

BTW I notice in your quotes you place the latest one first and a previous one second thus meeting your need to be critical of my opinion!

Must dash out for a while. The arrival of another gustix detractor on the scene in another Post has made me feel hungry - off to buy HAMBURGer and chips. Or is that remark also too complex to be understood?

Edited by Guest

Clear as day how Gustix changed his tune and R&R couldn’t have quoted more precisely, yet all we get is the usual nonsense 

Oh for the quiet days of spring and early summer once more. They will come again I am sure

Edited by iris123