British Speedway Forum

I seem to remember from previous years it's the top 3 averages in your team that qualify your team for the pairs so I think that means Berwick are the team to miss out. 

Am I right in saying King and Harris will be riding but Wright will be at GP practice?

Practice not compulsory, Eric. Just look at the amount of Polish League meetings we have had this year on Fridays before a GP.

Being a British rider and the Reigning National Champion to boot. I would expect Charles Wright to be at practice

Cannot really understand why this meeting is being held at a stadium with no seating, poor peripheral lighting at the back end of September, just because the GP is the day after should not preclude this meeting being taken somewhere else on a different date.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Cannot really understand why this meeting is being held at a stadium with no seating, poor peripheral lighting at the back end of September, just because the GP is the day after should not preclude this meeting being taken somewhere else on a different date.

Because it works. It is popular which means people paying to attend and that means money that keeps promoters solvent.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Because it works. It is popular which means people paying to attend and that means money that keeps promoters solvent.

Do you mean a promotion ? . Better take a head torch to fill your program in with that's if you get there down the M5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

The meeting had been held there for a while now,o.k lighting isn,t the best but the track is good usually and so is the atmosphere.the re run a couple of years ago was at Sheffield and there are no seats there either.the idea of it being at Somerset is for it to tie in with Cardiff and make it a good weekend if it is your intention to attend both meetings as it is more accessible.love it being at Somerset,long may it continue.

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Do you mean a promotion ? . Better take a head torch to fill your program in with that's if you get there down the M5.

No I mean promoters.

42 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

The meeting had been held there for a while now,o.k lighting isn,t the best but the track is good usually and so is the atmosphere.the re run a couple of years ago was at Sheffield and there are no seats there either.the idea of it being at Somerset is for it to tie in with Cardiff and make it a good weekend if it is your intention to attend both meetings as it is more accessible.love it being at Somerset,long may it continue.

Usually this meeting is much earlier in the summer and I've rarely missed it. As you know many fans stand on the grass bank on the east side, usually there is daylight until the latter stages of the meeting  so there is no issue. Sunset will be around 7-15 so the bank will be dark for most of the meeting this time, in addition the grass is more likely to be damp or become damp and hence more slippy so there could be more of a safety issue. This may be of no concern to the majority of fans who would normally stand over there I don't know but not ideal in my view.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

No I mean promoters.

Perhaps you could enlighten me on which promoters it helps to keep solvent as I'm quite interested.

All the  Championship promoters who benefit from the shared events.

Depends on the M5 screm, how many cones , contra flows and smart motorway sections to negotiate. 

Shouldn't be quite as much holiday traffic on 20th September as there is at the start of the summer holidays. 

On 9/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, SteelShoe said:

Perhaps you could enlighten me on which promoters it helps to keep solvent as I'm quite interested.

Its called a BSPA shared event, that gives you a clue, all of the promoters get an cut of the gate money.

I got told that Berwick were participating so unsure if that’s true or not.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea