British Speedway Forum

Give it to Barry Bishop on the Island on a weekend in August. That would be a show. Now a COMPLETELY neutral venue and a fantastic place for fans to visit for a weekend or longer. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Give it to Barry Bishop on the Island on a weekend in August. That would be a show. Now a COMPLETELY neutral venue and a fantastic place for fans to visit for a weekend or longer. 

Why settle for the Pairs? Let's have the GP there!

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Will the cancellation of the 2021 Cardiff GP impact the staging of this meeting?

Unless I have missed it this meeting is not on the fixtures list, so the answer is presumably no.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:31 PM, Trees said:

I do hope Somerset consider improving their back straight, some terracing would be great, even if it's just dirt terracing ......

On 4/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Somerset could improve a lot of things, toilets, terracing, seating and food establishments.

Racing is generally very good but it’s still just a track in a field with a nice clubhouse.

Seeing comments like this 4 years later, quite sad now thinking I'd settle for a track in a field with a clubhouse

44 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Seeing comments like this 4 years later, quite sad now thinking I'd settle for a track in a field with a clubhouse

Wouldn’t we all when we are in a similar position

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

And maybe we'd forego the clubhouse, eh?

Edited by False dawn

On 2/25/2024 at 8:18 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Wouldn’t we all when we are in a similar position

Well.....for a track in the middle of a field with a clubhouse it generated a great atmosphere,the track was usually great with some fabulous racing and the amenities were pretty good also.i sure miss the pairs meeting prior to the g.p a hell of a lot,have some great memories of those.sadly missed.

• Like 1