British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

European Champions Pairs 29/8/19 live- Balakovo.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Thanks 1

Where was that track, I not watched it all, looked more approaching a long track then a speedway circuit. I kept skipping sections hoping to see a good race, but I often landed on a tractor grade ,watering session, race just ended etc The whole video was 3 hour 17 minutes, seriously, for a 20/22 race meeting?

i tried watching a link to the Challenge meeting in Gorican last Saturday, managed 6 races then had enough. Seems I spoilt with the fantastic GPS I seen, specially the last two meetings. Maybe the speedway GP will never get to Belle Vue, but surely it could have the speedway Challenge Final. Would be a good meeting as only 3 “winners” means there would be a good scrap for every point.

Is this really an FIM meeting? Why? Its totally meaningless!

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Is this really an FIM meeting? Why? Its totally meaningless!

It`s one of the FIM Europe meetings   http://www.fim-europe.com/track-racing/which have always been supported by the federations in Europe. GB has slowly warmed to the events. The problem for this pairs event this year was the reluctance from the teams to travel to Russia for the final which resulted in a qualifier being cancelled and that ridiculous 7th team of "youth Europe" being included yesterday to make up the numbers.

Yes, but it isn’t the first time a meeting had had problems with riders/ teams dropping out. As Bavarian say’s elsewhere, the Russians always make it to the rest of Europe. But all too often western riders don’t want to travel on the opposite direction

19 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes, but it isn’t the first time a meeting had had problems with riders/ teams dropping out. As Bavarian say’s elsewhere, the Russians always make it to the rest of Europe. But all too often western riders don’t want to travel on the opposite direction

Yes but no...

Speedway is a European sport from March to October. Russians are already here. Also the Russian border is a bit iffy with checks and riders have been denied access to Russia with their bikes. Last season many riders flew to the GP challenge and rode with rented bikes because the logistics are difficult mid season when you need to ride in France the day after... And no, its not the same in ice racing.

I understand but I dont... Finland is in Europe but we dont normally want to travel to Macon, Manchester or Krsko for the qualifiers because of the cost involved. Thats where our allocations usually are...

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Yes but no...

Speedway is a European sport from March to October. Russians are already here. Also the Russian border is a bit iffy with checks and riders have been denied access to Russia with their bikes. Last season many riders flew to the GP challenge and rode with rented bikes because the logistics are difficult mid season when you need to ride in France the day after... And no, its not the same in ice racing.

I understand but I dont... Finland is in Europe but we dont normally want to travel to Macon, Manchester or Krsko for the qualifiers because of the cost involved. Thats where our allocations usually are...

It is true to an extent. The thing is and of course it is part necessity, part enough time on their hands and maybe part local help, but western ice racers seem to travel and ride without much problem in Russia

And tbh if there are real problems for riders then Russia shouldn’t be allocated international meetings

Edited by iris123

In Russia is no problem. To and from on a weekly basis is a different matter and a different expense.

This is a debate that will go on forever...:lol:

Yes and unless Finland find a big sponsor anywhere apart from Scandinavia is too costly for you lol