British Speedway Forum

This becomes the cliche 'must win' for the Witches 

I'm sure no one gives us a hope but stranger things have happened.....

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This becomes the cliche 'must win' for the Witches 

I'm sure no one gives us a hope but stranger things have happened.....

Mainly on Stranger Things..;) :P Lawson and King have to be like Brady and Nic tonight (points wise) if you have any hope of beating Swindon!

Swindon could do with a spot of average management and also keeping Wolves out of the play-offs.

Just saying.

• Like 3

I think Swindon will let Ipswich win but will take a point, they will be told to take zero risks but that could still beat ipswich on current form 

13 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Swindon could do with a spot of average management and also keeping Wolves out of the play-offs.

Just saying.

This is the risk with Poole at +15. I'd say the likelihood of you finishing top is slim and you are in the play offs anyway, so a view to next year will always be beneficial. 

I agree that wolves will pose you more problems than BV or Ipswich so it does, as wrong as it is, make sense to *maybe* throw this meeting.

For BV last nights result was more pivotal because I dont see Ipswich getting anything at poole, essentially meaning a 4 point win will book them the final play off place.

Wolves destiny could very much be in the hand of Swindon.

Only in speedway, eh?

;-)

Edit: not even sure of you are a Swindon fan so advanced apologies for speaking in the first term.

Edited by acef

17 minutes ago, acef said:

This is the risk with Poole at +15. I'd say the likelihood of you finishing top is slim and you are in the play offs anyway, so a view to next year will always be beneficial. 

I agree that wolves will pose you more problems than BV or Ipswich so it does, as wrong as it is, make sense to *maybe* throw this meeting.

For BV last nights result was more pivotal because I dont see Ipswich getting anything at poole, essentially meaning a 4 point win will book them the final play off place.

Wolves destiny could very much be in the hand of Swindon.

Only in speedway, eh?

;-)

Edit: not even sure of you are a Swindon fan so advanced apologies for speaking in the first term.

I can't see Swindon throwing it , they will want to finish top so get the choice of who they face in the playoffs. don't see it will make much difference on the averages , if they were worried about averages they wouldn't have thrashes Ipswich and Peterborough by such a big score.

I think Wolves will qualify and I hope Poole finish top so we get the choice and force Swindon to meet Wolves, the only imponderable is will the last spot go to Belle Vue or Ipswich.

• Like 2

B up 4 this .Big Big home win

Puk will toy with Doyle like a mouse 

• Like 2

Can easily see the Witches losing by double figures. More gating lessons next week. 

On a more positive slant, if it rains on the day or the track prep is made heavy, that gives the witches more of a chance. Having said that, our only hope is rain affected track,  as the track is never peeped for the style of riders the Witches have in their team,,,,,, haven't got a clue why. 

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Just saying.

They should have started that a couple of months ago, it is too late now.

Even with NKI signed for Ipswich the Robins can win this one

Let Ipswich win 

Belle Vue beat Peterborough 39-51 - 

Poole beat Wolverhampton 49-41 -

Wolverhampton beat Peterborough  43-47

Poole, Swindon, Ipswich, Belle Vue

On 8/30/2019 at 3:37 PM, Grachan said:

Just saying.

Mon the Robins.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Mon the Robins.

You're so heartless.

• Haha 1