British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Can see the track prep being grouse for this and the witches giving doyleys lads a good hiding,12 plus to ipswich

Mmmmmm, rain this morning, that could make the track prep pretty pheasant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Can you guarantee that please.  Having said that, let's hope he has saved his best for this one, and possibly a couple more

He can beat Doyley on a decent track! 

11 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

You mean he will not be going for glory in the 16 Lapper or has that now been cancelled so Thursday is the last meeting?  I guess you always have next year if they survive the winter of discontent. Long live the witches but no as we know them!!

cant see speedway in its present form next season 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I sincerely hope not or it would amount to another nail or two in it's coffin.

4 hours ago, ray c said:

Four riders on bikes around a track for 4 laps. 13 to 15 times per meeting. Whats not to like in its present form?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Four riders on bikes around a track for 4 laps. 13 to 15 times per meeting. Whats not to like in its present form?!

That bit is fine. Its all the rest of the politics, manipulation etc..........

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

1 falling off and staying down preventing the other 3 doing what you suggest.....:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t think the 16 lapper is even scheduled this year. It was last year I think, before being cancelled. 

Think they found it harder and harder to find enough riders willing to do it these days so I’ll be surprised if we see this event again anytime soon. 

Shame as it was always something I really looked forward to. That 8 rider final never seemed to lose its appeal for me. 

Had this idea a while and if Louis would give me 6 months to work on it then I'd put in the time.

End of season individual championship called "THE TRU PLANT GRAND PRIX" ask Guy to donate a new Van for the winner as that's one hell of a prize from the offset.

Then see if you can get 20 heat sponsors at £1000 each so £40k prize pot plus the van. 

£500 a race win, £300 for 2nd and £200 for 3rd nothing for last. For the 20 heats only.

Do it on the format of the normal grand prix.

Pretty sure you could end up with a line up of 

1. King

2. Iversen

3. Doyle

4. Fricke 

5. Batchelor

6. Jensen

7. Lambert

8. Woffinden 

9. Cook

10. Kurtz

11. Schlein

12. Bjerre 

13. Worrall

14. Nicholls

15. Allen

16. Thorsell

Maybe with Heeps and Kemp as reserves, what's a new van worth £20k? Would be a good prize for any rider to win, the heat money would be irrelevant 

Edited by Falcon1983

I wouldn’t be unhappy if Ipswich win this - as I think Swindon could beat Poole, Ipswich and BV over 2 legs in the play-offs.  Wolves - I’m not so sure about.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy if Ipswich win this - as I think Swindon could beat Poole, Ipswich and BV over 2 legs in the play-offs.  Wolves - I’m not so sure about.

I honestly can't see Wolves not making the play offs when their last meeting is at Peterborough even if they get nothing tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Wolves will get in now no matter what. They will win at Poole tonight so if we get 4 points later then that will give us a good chance of top spot and avoiding them until the final. 

16 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Wolves will get in now no matter what. They will win at Poole tonight so if we get 4 points later then that will give us a good chance of top spot and avoiding them until the final. 

What makes you think Wolves will win tonight? 

Think their reserves are better. RR does make them stronger, Shov is right for once!! Morris and Thorsell going better as well and they can take an extra ride. Still think you lot will finish top as wouldn't be surprised if we reverted back to normal away form tonight and get done!