British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Keep ya nose out :D

I’ll be a Robins fan Thursday whilst switching my loyalties back to Wolves at Poole. B)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

I’ll be a Robins fan Thursday whilst switching my loyalties back to Wolves at Poole. B)

Glory hunter :unsure:

• Confused 1

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Glory hunter :unsure:

:shock:

Not sure how qualifying for the Play Offs makes you a glory hunter?

Odd reply all the same.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

:shock:

Not sure how qualifying for the Play Offs makes you a glory hunter?

Odd reply all the same.

Think it was completely tongue in cheek as you are supporting the in form team on Thur as we can do you a favour.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Think it was completely tongue in cheek as you are supporting the in form team on Thur as we can do you a favour.

Probably, but the minimum for all teams at the start of the year is to make the play offs and win the title. 

As Wolves are riding Thursday I’ll be very much 90% a Wolves fan ;)

On 8/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, acef said:

This is the risk with Poole at +15. I'd say the likelihood of you finishing top is slim and you are in the play offs anyway, so a view to next year will always be beneficial. 

I agree that wolves will pose you more problems than BV or Ipswich so it does, as wrong as it is, make sense to *maybe* throw this meeting.

For BV last nights result was more pivotal because I dont see Ipswich getting anything at poole, essentially meaning a 4 point win will book them the final play off place.

Wolves destiny could very much be in the hand of Swindon.

Only in speedway, eh?

;-)

Edit: not even sure of you are a Swindon fan so advanced apologies for speaking in the first term.

If points totals are equal, it go's to match points, as the Robins are + 145 & Poole + 18, odds are in Robins favour.

Can’t see anything other than a very convincing Swindon win. Ipswich are the whipping boys and almost as bad as Peterborough.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Could potentially be the last time we see Chris Harris in Witches Kevlars around Foxhall. 

Every cloud and all that..

Can you guarantee that please.  Having said that, let's hope he has saved his best for this one, and possibly a couple more

• Like 1

Lets hope that the track once and for all cannot be blamed for a Witches defeat. Slick and a gaters paradise and the fat lady will be singing by 8.15pm  A track deep on the outside that favours the brave and the Witches will have a chance..... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Lets hope that the track once and for all cannot be blamed for a Witches defeat. Slick and a gaters paradise and the fat lady will be singing by 8.15pm  A track deep on the outside that favours the brave and the Witches will have a chance..... 

Do you really think anything will be done to the track to help us? I've been waiting many years and watched many crucial meetings slip out of our grasp, for the reason they never do anything like that.   Rohan Tungate and Somerset a prime example

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Could potentially be the last time we see Chris Harris in Witches Kevlars around Foxhall. 

Every cloud and all that..

You mean he will not be going for glory in the 16 Lapper or has that now been cancelled so Thursday is the last meeting?  I guess you always have next year if they survive the winter of discontent. Long live the witches but no as we know them!!

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

You mean he will not be going for glory in the 16 Lapper or has that now been cancelled so Thursday is the last meeting?  I guess you always have next year if they survive the winter of discontent. Long live the witches but no as we know them!!

Don’t think the 16 lapper is even scheduled this year. It was last year I think, before being cancelled. 

Think they found it harder and harder to find enough riders willing to do it these days so I’ll be surprised if we see this event again anytime soon. 

Shame as it was always something I really looked forward to. That 8 rider final never seemed to lose its appeal for me. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t think the 16 lapper is even scheduled this year. It was last year I think, before being cancelled. 

Think they found it harder and harder to find enough riders willing to do it these days so I’ll be surprised if we see this event again anytime soon. 

Shame as it was always something I really looked forward to. That 8 rider final never seemed to lose its appeal for me. 

Totally agree. An awesome race with eight riders going from two gates. A great shame and frankly it really did not matter if it was not top draw riders it was the spectacle of those eight riders. Those were the days. I am sure you could get the riders to compete but maybe not those currently in this league who probably think it is beneath them. I know one or two who would put in some prize money of say £250 to £500 for the winner but it is probably not enough with the gate money to make attractive. Another part of the sport consigned to history.

• Like 1