British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 31/8/19 @ 7pm

11 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The result or the racing?? The glasgow boys didnt attack the track like scunny did same track for both teams! Thanks to gazc for the ride back to station hope to get back up again this season.

No problems the run into the city was the highlight of the night.

No point in why this happened this is a massive wake up call that no team can be taken for granted , the MBA signing looks like it won't work but too late now young Jensen looks a talent though and will only get better.

As previously stated only one team deserved to win tonight and the result actually flattered us as it should have been more.

I can see Berwick turning us over next week also unless they get the finger out there arses.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Well done to the Scorps , they outgated us and attacked the track , deserved winners, Craig and Claus and latterly Sam tried but the rest looked like novices. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Well done to the Scorps , they outgated us and attacked the track , deserved winners, Craig and Claus and latterly Sam tried but the rest looked like novices. 

That's it in a nutshell Dorothy........out of the ones who didn't perform, Rasmus surprised me the most. I thought that with his ability he could have adapted.....

Same again in 6 days time please :approve:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Same again in 6 days time please :approve:

I'm Sure Mr Barker whose riding for you that night will be hoping the same too.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

The result or the racing?? The glasgow boys didnt attack the track like scunny did same track for both teams! Thanks to gazc for the ride back to station hope to get back up again this season.

Not sure anyone really attacked that track. Glasgow Speedway is much better than tonight served up. Results are secondary to entertainment for me. Understand we needed to get meeting on and lots of hard work went into it but when riders can't turn the bike it's not really good to watch. Scunthorpe thoroughly deserved to win.

Edited by highroad119
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Not sure anyone really attacked that track. Glasgow Speedway is much better than tonight served up. Results are secondary to entertainment for me. Understand we needed to get meeting on and lots of hard work went into it but when riders can't turn the bike it's not really good to watch. Scunthorpe thoroughly deserved to win.

Looking at the heat times ,they were pretty much average ,so the Scorps weren’t having too much trouble turning the bike.Starke injury came at a bad time.He was the key middle order man.

Edited by Fromafar

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looking at the heat times ,they were pretty much average ,so the Scorps weren’t having too much trouble turning the bike.Starke injury came at a bad time.He was the key middle order man.

Fair comment re Scunny riders and Paul Starke. Still a farce of a meeting though.

Edited by highroad119

20 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Do u think they perhaps packed the track too much? Hope the scunny bus turned up:D strange no mention in the prog insept about eastbourne !

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Do u think they perhaps packed the track too much? Hope the scunny bus turned up:D strange no mention in the prog insept about eastbourne !

Not much being said about Cook’s appeal either when is it going to take place,this season !?

39 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Obviously I wasn’t there but why couldn’t riders turn there bikes 

Have to say well done to josh auty on scoring well away from home 

1 minute ago, Shrimmy said:

Obviously I wasn’t there but why couldn’t riders turn there bikes 

Am no expert but, i thought they packed it down to much their was no loose dirt  on it, turns 3-4 looked very tricky

I’m no expert either but surely you can turn your bike on a slick track better than a deep filled really grippy track 

2 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

I’m no expert either but surely you can turn your bike on a slick track better than a deep filled really grippy track 

Think basically the track was not what the home riders were used to and didn’t adapt to conditions ,Scunny did.Dry and Slick is the only track 90%of riders can ride these days.