British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 31/8/19 @ 7pm

Just now, Fromafar said:

Think basically the track was not what the home riders were used to and didn’t adapt to conditions ,Scunny did.Dry and Slick is the only track 90%of riders can ride these days.

Its all about set up - home riders are more prone to being thrown if the home track is totally alien to what they expect. Plus if the entry of the bends are a lot slicker then turning the bikes becomes an issue.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::party::party::party::party::party::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: WOH!

Exactly. No one saw this result coming. What happened??

Guest Loose Diamond
7 hours ago, Albert said:

Well.... who saw that coming!   Get in Scorps

How did they manage that??

9 hours ago, highroad119 said:

Not sure anyone really attacked that track. Glasgow Speedway is much better than tonight served up. Results are secondary to entertainment for me. Understand we needed to get meeting on and lots of hard work went into it but when riders can't turn the bike it's not really good to watch. Scunthorpe thoroughly deserved to win.

U cant fault the entertainment that big screen is a winner showing replays and visitor helmet colours and nameing the riders , i do miss maxi on the mike but the new guy was full of information although he didnt tell us if the scunny bus arrived lol, one slight concern for the owners was the crowd was well down on the sundays i have been but all in all a good night even the train ride back to perth on a sat night out of glasgow :drink:

4 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Exactly. No one saw this result coming. What happened??

We got beat.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MD said:

Congratulations to Scunthorpe but that was an absolutely pitiful spectator experience and result. We went to so much effort to get it on because we are running out of dates that we shot ourselves in the foot. It was so slick the entrances to turns 1&3 were shining bald after three heats, with barely a pass in sight as the riders looked like they were sliding on ice. There was an air of inevitability about the result after Cook's TS ride in ht7. With four home riders literally unable to find any grip to stay upright on the bends the only surprise is how Scunny never hit 60.

Sam Jensen had a pretty difficult debut but warmed as the night went on. Vissing and Cook put in a decent shift, Cook not coming out in 15 is telling. Its hard to square up Josh Auty coming to Ashfield and pissing all over us but thats what happened. Top spot is now gone and we only have ourselves to blame. Hopefully we never see the likes of this again.

Touch of the Big Time Charlies about us last night . While we moaned and whinged about the track , the Scunny riders got on with it. attacked the track with a purpose and were well worthy of the win . 53-37 didn't flatter them at all . We're coming to the time of year when tracks ate going to be difficult and weather affected , and if we show the attitude we showed last night we'll be winning nothing 

• Like 4

Reality check last night should give us the kick up the arse that we deserve.

Its hard to criticise after all we have done up until last night we have performed very well almost everywhere.

However getting Starkey back is important as without him just amplifies how important he is in that engine room.

We are still sitting pretty with meetings in hand i have a feeling this result will spur us on my only concern is our number 2 position i have no concerns about the rest , Bandits on Friday may face the backlash.

Its all gone quiet on Starkey, maybe his injuries are taking longer than anticipated. Even if he returns this week he is unlikely to be race fit though his presence alone will be uplifting. A big weekend coming up, hopefully the 0131 can soften up the Bandits on Saturday night before we are on.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Gazc said:

We got beat.

Yes. I was genuinely surprised when I saw the result. Obviously knew Scunthorpe have got some useful riders but thought Glasgow would have enough to win. But you can never be sure.

54 minutes ago, MD said:

Its all gone quiet on Starkey, maybe his injuries are taking longer than anticipated. Even if he returns this week he is unlikely to be race fit though his presence alone will be uplifting. A big weekend coming up, hopefully the 0131 can soften up the Bandits on Saturday night before we are on.

If Stark comes back before end of season, would they not have to drop Sam Jensen which doesn’t help.The problem is at No2.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If Stark comes back before end of season, would they not have to drop Sam Jensen which doesn’t help.The problem is at No2.

Yes Sarj wasn't convincing there , but whoever thought Mikkel B Andersen was an improvement needs their head examined 

• Like 2

That was a tough watch last night. 

Well done to the scorpions for attacking a difficult track and getting the rewards.

We had new people with us last night.. we're going to struggle to get them back after last night. We sat down at 6.30 and by 8pm we had seen 3 heats of strung out races and lots of tractor racing. I banged on about how amazing the racing has been this year

Good of Peter Facenna for coming on the Mike at the end and apologising. Sadly I have to disagree with his closing line about winning the league. Just cant see us beating the other teams over 2 legs.

Great to see Moto3 star John McPhee in the stand with his family. Just a shame it was last nights meeting he was at.

It looks like certain Glasgow riders think to much about track prep before meetings these days, everything has to suit them. Negative mindset does not help in speedway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MD said:

Congratulations to Scunthorpe but that was an absolutely pitiful spectator experience and result. We went to so much effort to get it on because we are running out of dates that we shot ourselves in the foot. It was so slick the entrances to turns 1&3 were shining bald after three heats, with barely a pass in sight as the riders looked like they were sliding on ice.

Slick? :O

Many riders needed to go to the toilet before the meeting started because they were sh***ing themselves! That track was incredibly grippy, hence the reason why a number of the Glasgow riders keep shooting past the bends. Most riders were having to go 2-3 teeth higher than they normally would have.

Sam Jensen looks to be a great capture, he'll be knocking up big points very, very soon I have no doubt.

• Like 5