British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 31/8/19 @ 7pm

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Oh dear :D 

There’s that bad smell again....no doubt jenga will be along in a minute. 

No complaints team that won fully deserved it well done the Scorps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Oh dear :D 

We make mock, I had a wry smile but I know where I would like to be sitting in the league and it ain’t where we are. Well done Sunny, seemed to have adapted better to the conditions.

Congratulations to Scunthorpe but that was an absolutely pitiful spectator experience and result. We went to so much effort to get it on because we are running out of dates that we shot ourselves in the foot. It was so slick the entrances to turns 1&3 were shining bald after three heats, with barely a pass in sight as the riders looked like they were sliding on ice. There was an air of inevitability about the result after Cook's TS ride in ht7. With four home riders literally unable to find any grip to stay upright on the bends the only surprise is how Scunny never hit 60.

Sam Jensen had a pretty difficult debut but warmed as the night went on. Vissing and Cook put in a decent shift, Cook not coming out in 15 is telling. Its hard to square up Josh Auty coming to Ashfield and pissing all over us but thats what happened. Top spot is now gone and we only have ourselves to blame. Hopefully we never see the likes of this again.

:blush: You can only beat what is put in front of you so whether it is a poor team or a suspect track, you have to adapt. Sadly, Glasgow didn't but looking at the teams I was hoping we would get at your reserves & Sam Jensen on his debut. 10 heat wins from our riders does tell a story, though, & Cookie had 4 of your 5!

Edited by IronScorpion

7 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

That meeting did Speedway no favours. 

The result or the racing?? The glasgow boys didnt attack the track like scunny did same track for both teams! Thanks to gazc for the ride back to station hope to get back up again this season.

• Like 3