British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
archie21

End of Season Nominations.

Now its nearly the end of the 2019 speedway season and fans will be voting on their favorite team rider,for a change how about selecting "and in your own opinion"  who has been the most inconsistent

Referee you have seen at a speedway meting this season giving name and reason why.

Then MAYBE next season things will be "better" with then and the standard May improve as in my opinion it needs to!!.

I'd like to nominate Mr Peter Clarke who in my opinion couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel. This was clear by his performance at the EWR last night. Not only did he first exclude Simon Lambert in Heat 6 when it was Joe lawlor who was behind him that fell  he then went on to exclude Josh Auty for bringing off Rayn Douglas in heat 9 (a rare correct decision by Mr Clarke) but forget to exclude Joe Lawlor from the rerun as he wasn't under power and on the centre green at the time of Ryan's tumble. Both these incidents were eventually corrected after loud protests from the crowd .However Mr Clarke didn't stop there he then awarded the heat10 win to Scott Nicholls who I'm sure was very happy with this considering he came a distant 3rd .

I fully accept that being a referee can be a hard and thankless task especially when incidents can happen so quickly in speedway. But to keep getting the basics like how many rides are still on the track wrong or the order the riders finish on a spread out race is inexcusable 

Unfortunately this was one of Peter Clarke's better nights at the EWR and a clear reason for why the basic standards have to improve