British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

Routine home win, 53-37 ish. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Imo R/R doesn't really weaken you.But of course what any team wants is a full 1-7.But when you can have Becker,Douglas,Morris and Thorssell taking Howarth's rides it's not too bad.Howarth just got his average up in time,you could have been in the mire had he stayed at reserve.

On paper yes, however in the play offs it’s never good to go with just 6 riders, as we have seen teams have been robbed when teams lose a 2nd rider. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wells isn’t a Poole type of rider. We are not used to seeing a rider tailed off like that. Run lasts, yes but always battling. To be 50 metres behind is frankly unacceptable but nothing we can do about it now. Wells seems to have lost what he had.

Howarths injury certainly helps Wolves and his absence has come at the perfect time for them. He occasionally has a good ride but the guys who replace him will score much more. Schlein, Morris, Becker and Douglas can all take a ride. Douglas showed his liking for the Poole track on his one and only visit. Schlein and Morris know the track well and Becker scored paid double figures last time Wolves were here.

We could witness Wolves getting the points they require to jump above Belle Vue into the playoffs. We need to be right on it from the start to get a win. Also Josh needs to be back from injury or we are stuffed. 

Thorssell,not Schlein can take a R/R.Keep up SS:wink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Thorssell,not Schlein can take a R/R.Keep up SS:wink:

Wolves to lose. Looks like “the stars” all aligned for them in this one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

On paper yes, however in the play offs it’s never good to go with just 6 riders, as we have seen teams have been robbed when teams lose a 2nd rider. 

I agree hence why i said all any team wants is a full 1-7.

Will Howarth be out for the season?If so i can't you sign a rider even though it's past the deadline as it's an injury and not just replacing an out of form rider.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That's what we all wanted to see:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Im stunned you think that...amazed....i mean you always expect Poole to win...nice to see your going against your usual rhetoric

Poole miss Worrall for months.....SS ....you need 7 man team

Poole loss Josh at Ipswich....SS....you need a 7 man team

Wolves go down to 6 riders.......SS......Wolves are stronger

YAWN!!

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Maybe try and get the facts before you post

Poole with a full 1-7 and should take this fairly comfortably

R/R for Howarth doesnt help Wolves apart form the fact he has moved out of reserve now so that should help a bit.

Thorsell and Morris were awful at Poole a few weeks back and has Douglas ridden there??.....The loss of Howarth an ex Poole rider who knows the track is a hinderance

As an Ipswich fan i hope Poole win by more than 8, and lets be honest with a full 1-7 up against a weakened Wolves it should be comfortable

Maybe take a deep breath before castigating someone for getting a fact wrong!

Don't think r/r is a bad thing for wolves at Poole, i think he can easily be covered.

Douglas has ridden at Poole and scored well, Thorsell and Morris go well there too usually and both are back to form.

Wolves are not weakened in my opinion and will get a point .

At least THJ came through his Berwick meeting unscathed scoring 9 points last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

At least THJ came through his Berwick meeting unscathed scoring 9 points last night.

Confidence booster. i am sure he will be fine, its the other reserve that isn't fine!

Assuming Josh is fit to return then Wells need only have 3 rides!!

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I agree hence why i said all any team wants is a full 1-7.

Will Howarth be out for the season?If so i can't you sign a rider even though it's past the deadline as it's an injury and not just replacing an out of form rider.

No, Wolves lost Freddy and Jacob to injury in the 2017 semi final and could only use guests who didn't take part in the playoffs

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not so sure. So I phoned a friend …..

Image result for russell grant

Russ tells me that the tide will be in on the 3rd and 4th turn. With the looner eclipse coming in from the west, he thinks the Wolves will sink without a trace :)

50-40

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not so sure. So I phoned a friend …..

Image result for russell grant

Russ tells me that the tide will be in on the 3rd and 4th turn. With the looner eclipse coming in from the west, he thinks the Wolves will sink without a trace :)

50-40

Not sure what that photo of Jonasson has to do with it.  :)