Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No he had not, got 11, so def more than 5 before H15. 

Sorry Lisa You are right i was watching it on updates and they had it as 5, but now corrected )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Becker has been untouchable. Really likes the Poole track. Have to get him here for next season. ;)

With sudden Sam behind him at Monmore, he's going nowhere.

12 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Do recall a certain poster on here mentioning the weakness in Swindon reserves early season.....cough THJ/Wells.....

Certainly gone full circle. You can’t win meetings without scoring reserves and tonight proved it!

I said as soon as Howarth was missing that Wolves were far stronger and so it proved. They surely want him to stay injured because as a team they will score far more points. Paid 9 from his rides. 

Of course the reason Wolves won is because they outscored Pooles reserves by 1 point (gifted in heat 2) to paid 21. A massive gap the Poole top five couldn’t cover. In fact no team could cover that. Becker was excellent as he was last visit. Both he and Douglas had Wells and THJ for breakfast. Whilst the latter can be slightly excused as it was his first meeting, Wells has gone from bad to worse. In fact he never looked close to a point. THJ did have one go in heat 14 which he led for a lap before coming under pressure and then falling.

Best bet is to now get rid of Wells for what is left of the season. While we can’t replace him, we can use horse for course guests which is surely likely to do better.

Really though there was only one team in it and from the start Wolves were faster out of the starts. On a slick track we couldn’t make an impression. A bit of pirate pride kicked in to close the gap but were were always found wanting whenever we had a reserve in a heat. 

In heat 15 we needed a 5-1 to draw but Brady completely missed it and Klindt made two errors to allow the Wolves riders through. The correct result to be honest. Well done to Wolves. A A Formidable force.

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

So much for THJ being a good signing and I read that Klint hit a rut on bend 1 in heat 15, oh dear

Going back to the same well is always a bad move. We've done it often enough!

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly gone full circle. You can’t win meetings without scoring reserves and tonight proved it!

I said as soon as Howarth was missing that Wolves were far stronger and so it proved. They surely want him to stay injured because as a team they will score far more points. Paid 9 from his rides. 

Of course the reason Wolves won is because they outscored Pooles reserves by 1 point (gifted in heat 2) to paid 21. A massive gap the Poole top five couldn’t cover. In fact no team could cover that. Becker was excellent as he was last visit. Both he and Douglas had Wells and THJ for breakfast. Whilst the latter can be slightly excused as it was his first meeting, Wells has gone from bad to worse. In fact he never looked close to a point. THJ did have one go in heat 14 which he led for a lap before coming under pressure and then falling.

Best bet is to now get rid of Wells for what is left of the season. While we can’t replace him, we can use horse for course guests which is surely likely to do better.

Really though there was only one team in it and from the start Wolves were faster out of the starts. On a slick track we couldn’t make an impression. A bit of pirate pride kicked in to close the gap but were were always found wanting whenever we had a reserve in a heat. 

In heat 15 we needed a 5-1 to draw but Brady completely missed it and Klindt made two errors to allow the Wolves riders through. The correct result to be honest. Well done to Wolves. A A Formidable force.

I thought he had to be injured to do that ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Becker has been untouchable. Really likes the Poole track. Have to get him here for next season. ;)

Have said the same to my dad watching him at Ipswich - superb around Foxhall and getter better every visit! Would love to see him ride for the witches!

wolves have got a gem there, hope he has the right people guiding him could reach the top imo

• Like 1

Not if wants to be released. Can’t force him to ride. He is absolutely not the type of rider we have in Pirates colours. If a rider scores nothing but is giving it a go, then fair enough. But to be tailed off going down the back straight of lap one is not acceptable.

I am sure he is a nice guy but it is doing him no good at all.

14 minutes ago, rjsj9803 said:

Sorry Lisa You are right i was watching it on updates and they had it as 5, but now corrected )

Looking over the heats I think he got 10 rather than 11. Unless I have added it up wrong! Poole twitter said 11+3.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not if wants to be released. Can’t force him to ride. He is absolutely not the type of rider we have in Pirates colours. If a rider scores nothing but is giving it a go, then fair enough. But to be tailed off going down the back straight of lap one is not acceptable.

That old chestnut. Can't see him withdrawing his services, and no chance to earn, but it happens. It isn't doing him much good, I agree.. And Poole even less good ;)

You need 2 new reserves for the play offs.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So withholding his services & therefore would get a 28 ban. Wouldn’t this mean he couldn’t race for Edinburgh?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

So withholding his services & therefore would get a 28 ban. Wouldn’t this mean he couldn’t race for Edinburgh?! 

Not to worry - he’s just on a fishing trip - he can’t help himself!

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Getting desperate now. Starting to suggest a bit of cheating! Ford is skint though so there won't be a brown envelope slipped to Wells suggesting he quits!!!

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Better say it before the Ippo fan tells us all off

Well done Wolves!!! 

Wasn't to bad was it Lisa :P