British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Seeing as you brought it up, you obv do want me to comment on it, so I still hate it and it is still ridiculous! 

No prob with Swindon using one tonight seeing as they are the away team, but can't believe they need to use one at Ippo, shocking! :P

No change there then, slag Robins off for using t/s but then Poole do the same thing against the same team, Robins win their meeting, Poole lose their's but then go on about Ippo meeting. I think you will find they are a different prospect with Iversen in their l/up. Broke the track record with his 1st ride.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wasn't to bad was it Lisa :P

Tbh I don't mind the Wolves team, there are worse teams to be losing to!;)

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looking over the heats I think he got 10 rather than 11. Unless I have added it up wrong! Poole twitter said 11+3.

I scored Morris as 11+3.  (0;3;2+1;1;1+1;1+1;3)

Well done to the Wolves - much better on the night and all over by heat 8 to be honest. Stronger reserves and stronger with r/r,  but no complaints from me.

THJ looked to have finally got his set-up right in heat 14 - shot out of the gate then promptly fell off whilst battling a 5+1 with Josh G. So hopefully could be worth a few points next time around.  Track was much slicker (and dustier) than recent weeks, but take nothing away from Wolves - they wanted it more. (or was it just a bit of average reduction before the play-offs?);)

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to the Wolves - much better on the night and all over by heat 8 to be honest. Stronger reserves and stronger with r/r,  but no complaints from me.

THJ looked to have finally got his set-up right in heat 14 - shot out of the gate then promptly fell off whilst battling a 5+1 with Josh G. So hopefully could be worth a few points next time around.  Track was much slicker (and dustier) than recent weeks, but take nothing away from Wolves - they wanted it more. (or was it just a bit of average reduction before the play-offs?);)

You were doing ok, up until the last bit :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, robins les said:

No change there then, slag Robins off for using t/s but then Poole do the same thing against the same team, Robins win their meeting, Poole lose their's but then go on about Ippo meeting. I think you will find they are a different prospect with Iversen in their l/up. Broke the track record with his 1st ride.

Poole won when Iversen was there last week. I still don't like the rule whoever uses it. Swindon fans are sensitive bunch! 

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I must have missed out a race somewhere then! 

well done wolves we not going to get to the final on  the performance like tonight should never have signed wells in the first place the dorset dust bowl in full swing tonight . still onward and upwards

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Getting desperate now. Starting to suggest a bit of cheating! Ford is skint though so there won't be a brown envelope slipped to Wells suggesting he quits!!!

Seeing his true colours on show now.

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I must have missed out a race somewhere then! 

Morris by my calculations got 10+3

0,3,2'-rr,0,1'-irr,1',3

Well done to wolves the better team tonight,its obvious where pooles problems r ,and the pressure is on thj to start scoring as wells looks shot 2 pieces!! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ray c said:

well done wolves we not going to get to the final on  the performance like tonight should never have signed wells in the first place the dorset dust bowl in full swing tonight . still onward and upwards

No excuse for dust tonight. 

Can Wolves ride against Poole every week;)

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

No excuse for dust tonight. 

Must say i thought the track was the worst its been for a long time, the hole seems to have appeared on bend 1 again. The track needs to be dug up in the winter and start again 

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Must say i thought the track was the worst its been for a long time, the hole seems to have appeared on bend 1 again. The track needs to be dug up in the winter and start again 

It's a shame that Ford won't spend the money to do it properly. As I have said many times before, you can't polish a turd. All Ford does is bodge it.

He has been great for Poole over the years.... Because it was making him money. It was in his interest to do so...Now it's not !!!  He just wants out, spending the least he can, while still trying to make Poole look a good punt for someone... Shame, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Shocking move by Poole to bring in Wells, I said it from the beginning, but some poole fans couldn't see it.  Unfortunately the Aces management didn't see it quick enough either and it's cost us play off qualification.  It will cost poole the playoffs.

• Like 3