British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Do us all a favour go and play with the traffic on the A 14. That remark tells us you are clueless. But hey, we knew that anyway.

thats a pretty shocking post you idiot,agree or disagree you have to respect a fellow speedway fan,i really dont get this gavan paranoia from the same 3 poole "fans" sometimes i agree sometimes i dont,but at least he puts up a reasoned argument,his poole critics just just return rude comments,as you know starman i dislike you, but i certainly dont wish you an injury by playing on an A road

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Umm Gavan you do contradict yourself quite a lot! You've said Poole should keep r/r and not sign anyone. Poole sign someone, you still say we should have r/r and then today you say Poole should have signed someone straight away ( at the time you said r/r was stronger than Richie so should go with that!)

Even if we had signed someone straight away with Richie's average and who was available Covatti would have always gone above them into the no2 position.

Please let me know where ive contradicted myself.

R/R was stronger than Worrall...........but if you are going to replace Worrall do it straightaway. Poole did nothing and now find themselves in a far worse position by signing Jonasson when now the time is right to keep it as it was.

Sign someone to replace Worrall when he got injured on a higher average then Covatti and then Covatti stays at reserve doesnt he? Sure Covatti could have then gone up into the main body after a while

Im pretty sure Worralls rolling average is still above Covattis

Poole were running pretty fine with R/R at 2.............in fact i would say it coincided with there best run of form of the season

I get the reasoning of having a full 1-7 but to sign someone as bang average as THJ is pretty poor management

Poole would be much better off still running r/r at 2 and having Covatti at 6.

If the averages have dictated that Covatti would have to move up now anyway then Poole only have themselves to blame.......

In a nutshell:

1. Replace Worrall as soon as he was injured with someone that had a higher average than Covatti

2. As Poole didnt do that (and it worked out ok) then keep R/R until the season ends

3. Dont sign a journeyman and see your top reserve go into the main body

Poor management/promotion...........as alluded to by others

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, poole keith said:

thats a pretty shocking post you idiot,agree or disagree you have to respect a fellow speedway fan,i really dont get this gavan paranoia from the same 3 poole "fans" sometimes i agree sometimes i dont,but at least he puts up a reasoned argument,his poole critics just just return rude comments,as you know starman i dislike you, but i certainly dont wish you an injury by playing on an A road

Well said.

its always the same posters ‘baiting’ for a reaction then complain when he does. Very childish.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Thorsell scored 4 not a good return for a heat leader

Morris had 7 rides to get 11 points....inflated maybe by heat 15, which in all honesty he would never have been in if Schlein was fit.

R/R was marginally stronger which is what i said but in no way did that cost Poole the meeting

If Poole fail to win the league its clear evidence that Matt Ford doesnt care anymore.....Poole the team that make more changes then any other team every season, cant make one change to replace Worrall and put Covatti at reserve

Matt Ford simply doesnt want to pay out anymore

To lost at home to 5 riders is very poor

Absolutley spot in imo,should have made a double change with wells going aswell and gone for a 6pt rider and 3pt rider and covatti would still be at reserve!!

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

Its the way he comes across. He has absolutely no interests in our club than taking swipes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Do us all a favour go and play with the traffic on the A 14. That remark tells us you are clueless. But hey, we knew that anyway.

That's a disgraceful post - he may be a pillock, but still.

Someone referred to your health before and you cried foul to the moderators and everyone that listened.

Sightly hypocritical there no ?

• Like 1

Tbf the whole way through the thread gavan has been pretty much spot on,poole could of easily replaced worrall with someone better and a lesser rider than wells,lets say freddie jakobsen for example but hey ho we couldnt afford him no doubt like Jake Allen at the start of the year and ended up with nbj which no disrespect isnt on the same level. 

Traditionally in the past we have signed riders near the end of the season if needed whoever they were,piotr pawlicki,greg hancock to name a couple and this yr we have thj shows the level of effort and desire at the club atm.....

Just proves less is being spent on the team and the track judging by last night,the infamous hole on bend 1 and now 1 out of bend 2 which josh lifted from a couple of times last night,looks like that was a bodge job,should of been done in the off season not now with no time for it to bed in.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its the way he comes across. He has absolutely no interests in our club than taking swipes.

People strongly dislike Paul and it's fans....get over it. Know one deserves to be abused by a magazine seller.

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

lets be honest starry if you don't like what gavan post put him on block simple really don't you think

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Tbf the whole way through the thread gavan has been pretty much spot on,poole could of easily replaced worrall with someone better and a lesser rider than wells,lets say freddie jakobsen for example but hey ho we couldnt afford him no doubt like Jake Allen at the start of the year and ended up with nbj which no disrespect isnt on the same level. 

Traditionally in the past we have signed riders near the end of the season if needed whoever they were,piotr pawlicki,greg hancock to name a couple and this yr we have thj shows the level of effort and desire at the club atm.....

Just proves less is being spent on the team and the track judging by last night,the infamous hole on bend 1 and now 1 out of bend 2 which josh lifted from a couple of times last night,looks like that was a bodge job,should of been done in the off season not now with no time for it to bed in.

I'd love to know where these 'better' riders are coming from? Freddie Jakobsen not interested in UK this year..

Thing is Gavan is a cany lad and sets all the Poole threads up using stats and stuff so whatever Poole do it's a dig or wind Poole fans up. 

If they win, then they were meant to, and if they lose, then they should have won.  And let's be honest it's only mainly on Poole threads, cos there are few not so bright. 

Why was the track set up like that last night there was no rain forecast there was dust straight away last night 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd love to know where these 'better' riders are coming from? Freddie Jakobsen not interested in UK this year..

And how much they would cost? Pretty clear Poole have had to cut their cloth this year a bit more, like the majority of teams. There just isn’t the money sloshing around in British speedway that there once was. 

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

That's a disgraceful post - he may be a pillock, but still.

Someone referred to your health before and you cried foul to the moderators and everyone that listened.

Sightly hypocritical there no ?

I’m just stunned it took doctors so long to realise there was something seriously wrong with a Starmans brain to be honest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I’m just stunned it took doctors so long to realise there was something seriously wrong with a Starmans brain to be honest.

I think that may be an inappropriate comment in the  circumstances to be honest. But not defending Starman to be clear.