British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

He goes telling someone to play with traffic, i.e kill themselves , but it’s harsh to say something back? Lol.

Where did I say that, I said he isn't the only one with issues, meaning no one else with issues says things like that, no excuse for him to do.  he obviously has mental issues

Not even sure Gavan lives near the a14, for some reason I thought he lived in Essex. 

Edited by Baldyman

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And how much they would cost? Pretty clear Poole have had to cut their cloth this year a bit more, like the majority of teams. There just isn’t the money sloshing around in British speedway that there once was. 

Let's be clear.

Both Jakobsen & Woryna were prepared to come back this year. It was he fact that Ford said he no longer had the money to sign overseas based riders and all costs involved for mechanics/airfairs/accomodation etc so kept to mainly Poole assets plus cheaper alternatives such as Worrall. As said he could probably have also signed Allen & Rasmus Jensen but once again went for the cheaper option of NBJ. Covatti was interesting as a reserve but again was a cheaper option being UK based and with him doubling up at Somerset thus reducing Ford's cost.

However he shouldn't have then gone public after signing up with the carpet cleaners to openly state in the Echo that the deal now allowed him to make decent mid season signings should there be injuries or riders dropped due to poor performance. It's obvious that with what looks like some issues with the sponsors (one would assume from various comments made) and poor gates due to some poor team perfomances earlier, that said money was no longer available to invest in the team.

These are more difficult times for Poole - No longer the big money sponsors like Readypower - No Sky money - falling gates - lower quality riders than in the past. Add to that Matt Ford openly wanting out of the club but of course nobody wants a club in a sport in demise in UK at a highly over inflated price.

Maybe the fortune they had last year has flipped against them this year. No team has a given right to win the league every season. Holder & Kurtz inconsistences continue to plague the team as you never know if or when both will click. As for the future - who knows as much will depend on league set up - points limits - will Holder Sr return and who makes way and most importantly will the Ford's continue, plus with the issues of Team Sponsers this year what will happen going forward as major companies certainly have no major interest despite this being the affluent South Coast where millionaires in their many reside.

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Where did I say that, I said he isn't the only one with issues, meaning no one else with issues says things like that, no excuse for him to do.  he obviously has mental issues

Not even sure Gavan lives near the a14, for some reason I thought he lived in Essex. 

I do about 10 minutes south of chelmsford.....if you're coming down the A12

I had a serious illness back in November 2013...strep a pneumonia....in a coma for 3 weeks.....so i wouldnt wish ill health on anyone

I may argue and lose my rag with certain Poole fans....but there is overstepping the mark.....but with Starman you just laugh it off because he is just an absolute fool

Actually far from me to defend Starmans posts, but the replies are basically mob bullying of the guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Actually far from me to defend Starmans posts, but the replies are basically mob bullying of the guy.

:rofl:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well, perhaps he should think before he posts what he does. Never seems to comment on any matches or join in discussions just insults anyone who dares to mention Poole in less than glowing terms.  Deserves all he gets back. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Well, perhaps he should think before he posts what he does. Never seems to comment on any matches or join in discussions just insults anyone who dares to mention Poole in less than glowing terms.  Deserves all he gets back. 

No excuses for bullying, even you should know that. But coming from you I am not surprised! Anyway it is Starman that gets everyone else banned, so be nice to cut out a bit of the riff raff :D See you guys later, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Lol.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

No excuses for bullying, even you should know that. But coming from you I am not surprised! Anyway it is Starman that gets everyone else banned, so be nice to cut out a bit of the riff raff :D See you guys later, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Lol.

There is no bullying - only in you and SS’ minds! :rolleyes:  Some stupid things being said by a couple of people which have nothing to do with speedway though!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

There is no bullying - only in you and SS’ minds! :rolleyes:  Some stupid things being said by a couple of people which have nothing to do with speedway though!

Come on Steve lots of people ganging up on someone or isolating them is bullying. They might think it's okay because of who it is, but it is not okay unless they have committed a serious crime or physically hurt someone. 

It was aimed at Gavan and Gavan has said he laughed it off. So why everyone else has to start on him, I don't know. 

• Like 1

So if someone says go kill yourself that's okay, and if people say that comment is out of order that's bullying????   Seriously.   As my man Dizzy would say, BONKERS 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

So if someone says go kill yourself that's okay, and if people say that comment is out of order that's bullying????   Seriously.   As my man Dizzy would say, BONKERS 

If Gavan has a problem with it then fair enough. But if he doesn't, why should you? 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

If Gavan has a problem with it then fair enough. But if he doesn't, why should you? 

So you are basically saying it's okay.    wowsers 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So you are basically saying it's okay.    wowsers 

Where have I said it's okay? So stop with the dumbness. Starman is just wound up by Gavan and it's his way of telling him to get off the thread. But you all know that don't you? 

Again, why do you have a problem with it if Gavan has said he has laughed it off? Can't answer it can you! He doesn't need you to be offended for him! 

Anyway since you've started on me at least the gang bullying on Starman has stopped. You think your behaviour would be acceptable at a school. Nope. They would call it...oh yeah bullying. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Where have I said it's okay? So stop with the dumbness. Starman is just wound up by Gavan and it's his way of telling him to get off the thread. But you all know that don't you? 

Again, why do you have a problem with it if Gavan has said he has laughed it off? Can't answer it can you! He doesn't need you to be offended for him!

Anyway since you've started on me at least the gang bullying on Starman has stopped. You think your behaviour would be acceptable at a school. Nope. They would call it...oh yeah bullying. 

And you don’t need to jump in to defend Starman :rolleyes:

• Like 2