British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

No worries - there will be plenty more opportunities for comments about Poole on/after the next two BT Sport meetings 9/9 and 16/9!!:party:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robins les said:

It's a thread that is open to anyone to comment on!

Thank you. Think Poole should pick Swindon in the play offs to make more money,  they won't win, so might as well top up the bank balance with a bigger crowd. 

58 minutes ago, TommyTanker said:

Is this a Poole thread or Ipswich?  

Poole troll. 

oops bless you .....no need to get all riled up.....how can you be posting on here during school time..... be careful you dont get caught now....

With the play offs on Monday nights i will most certainly be going to our home leg as i dont have my children monday nights..............if as expected we race Poole then it would be nice for you to visit Foxhall..............im sure an adult can give you a lift and a bonus for yourself is under 15's go free!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

oops bless you .....no need to get all riled up.....how can you be posting on here during school time..... be careful you dont get caught now....

With the play offs on Monday nights i will most certainly be going to our home leg as i dont have my children monday nights..............if as expected we race Poole then it would be nice for you to visit Foxhall..............im sure an adult can give you a lift and a bonus for yourself is under 15's go free!!

school the next day :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Not bad for a team that you reckoned wouldn’t get anything from the meeting eh FB? ;)

in fairness I did say I thought you would get a point, we still can finish top especially if Swindon lose again, apparently Hans rode well last night and as long as no ill effects from his crash may fancy ending the season on a high and Charles Wright should be back too.

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I remember when Gater said he was a Swindon fan and would be at the abbey wating to meet us all! One of the forum nutters for sure.

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I will be at Foxhall if we meet you in the play offs.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I will be at Foxhall if we meet you in the play offs.

Ive seen the legs are Monday/Thursday so if its a Thursday i might request a babysitter lol

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Maybe on this rare instance you'd had been better off sticking with R/R for Worrall? Haven't looked at averages but you've lost Covatti as a weapon at reserve? What do you think Steve?

It was always a difficult call as we didn’t want to go into the playoffs with r/r. We lost Recently and couldn’t cover. Trouble was no one about to fit the bill. Now Wells has gone completely awol and THJ is struggling to come up to speed. We won’t win it this year so need to make the final as next best thing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ive seen the legs are Monday/Thursday so if its a Thursday i might request a babysitter lol

Bring them along they might enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was always a difficult call as we didn’t want to go into the playoffs with r/r. We lost Josh lady week and couldn’t cover. Trouble was no one about to fit the bill. Now Wells has gone completely awol and THJ is struggling to come up to speed. We won’t win it this year so need to make the final as next best thing.

Funny thing is Wells rode well at Somerset the other day and will probably get a double figures at Edinburgh tonight but he is utterly useless for us.

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was always a difficult call as we didn’t want to go into the playoffs with r/r. We lost Recently and couldn’t cover. Trouble was no one about to fit the bill. Now Wells has gone completely awol and THJ is struggling to come up to speed. We won’t win it this year so need to make the final as next best thing.

Surely R/R is better than signing a rider who at best was a gamble and putting your free scoring top reserve into the main body?

R/R at 2 means the rides can be taking by Covatti, Wells and Josh.......that has to be better than Covatti at 2 and THJ and Wells.

If Covatti struggles at 2 you dont have a reserve capable of replacing him in a ride

In Pooles recent home matches:

v Kings Lynn.....R/R 7.....reserves 12

v Peterborough.....R/R 5....reserves 10

v Swindon.....R/R 6.....reserves 15

Compare that to last night....Covatti 3......reserves 1

Even away at Wolves with R/R 5 reserves 7

I agree that a full 1-7 is usually better ....but when that 7th rider is not good enough (THJ) and you lose the free scoring number 6 into the main body then i would suggest that the management have got this decision badly badly wrong

• Like 2

THJ will be better in the Play Offs than he was last night I’m sure. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe

But r/r getting 6 and Covatti 8 or more getting 7 rides form reserve is surely better than Covatti getting 6 from number 2 and THJ getting 4 or 5 from maybe 6 rides

I just think that losing r/r and Covatti going to number 2 weakens Poole

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Def need to have a no8 on standby if you are using r/r. Wolves got away with it last night cos of Becker's form! 

So we only won because of Becker? -_-

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

in fairness I did say I thought you would get a point, we still can finish top especially if Swindon lose again, apparently Hans rode well last night and as long as no ill effects from his crash may fancy ending the season on a high and Charles Wright should be back too.

Most of your posts were saying we would get little out of it although you did redeem yourself by saying we might get a point. ;)

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He will be what he usually is. Have the odd ok race but largely not that much of an influence. Unless of course you class having a negative influence as a positive. :t: