British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I remember when Gater said he was a Swindon fan and would be at the abbey wating to meet us all! One of the forum nutters for sure.

Unfortunately someone wearing purple chinos was seen being chased through Poole by someone dressed as a 6 feet Robin after a Poole-Swindon match. A pair of chinos were found floating in the harbour. Police suspect foul play. Sad.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

To be fair Steve, FB is probably the most reasonable and fair Pool poster.

Very true.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

If Poole fail to win the league its clear evidence that Matt Ford doesnt care anymore.....Poole the team that make more changes then any other team every season, cant make one change to replace Worrall and put Covatti at reserve

Matt Ford simply doesnt want to pay out anymore

To lost at home to 5 riders is very poor

Do us all a favour go and play with the traffic on the A 14. That remark tells us you are clueless. But hey, we knew that anyway.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Do us all a favour go and play with the traffic on the A 14. That remark tells us you are clueless. But hey, we knew that anyway.

Can you join him please? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You are calling someone else clueless is priceless

And nice of you to tell me to go play with the traffic............shame people wished you well when you was ill

And please tell me what was wrong with my comment.............

Poole should have replaced the injured Worrall thus keeping Covatti at reserve

If you disagree then perhaps you could debate it........but you simply are the least intelligent human ive ever come across..(saying when Kurtz stayed down that it wouldnt cost him money was one of your best yet)....you actually bring nothing to a discussion

So how did it feel being comfortably beaten by a team with 5 riders?

Do you think Poole should have made earlier changes?

Do you think THJ is a good or desperate signing?

Have you mastered your 2x table yet?

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Maybe

But r/r getting 6 and Covatti 8 or more getting 7 rides form reserve is surely better than Covatti getting 6 from number 2 and THJ getting 4 or 5 from maybe 6 rides

I just think that losing r/r and Covatti going to number 2 weakens Poole

Still convinced that Ford building on a tight budget and lack of real investment will come to bite them on the backside.

Was never really convinced on Worrall and to be honest I doubt that they would have been strengthened by him not being injured. They could have signed Rasmus Jensen who many in the so called know were certain he was the Dane we were getting. No we got NBJ instead who didn't work out. (both Jensen and Jake Allen were rumoured so assume it was down to not wanting to pay out).The strength in depth again was up and down with too many co called potential H/L not performing all on the same day. Plus with tight budget in mind. Fortunately Kurtz/Holder/Klindt are all assets  as god know where would have been otherwise if Ford didn't want to pay out.

In years gone by the reserves were always a master stroke as young guys or young foreign riders with GSA well below there true ability. This year its gone badly wrong and for me its probably due to finance again. Wells ???. Most  except the promoters of Poole knew that was a disaster waiting to happen. If BV knew it as did many supporters then for sure more lows than highs was nailed on. As for TJH ????. Anyone who truly follows speedway around Europe would know that nobody wanted him in SWE Prem because he was not good enough and wanted too much money as he overrated his failing ability. POL EXL and Nice Lge 1 didn't want him which in itself should tell you the story. He bombed when last in UK and not surprised one bit what we are getting. Love to be proved wrong if he does p/up but nuh not convinced.

Covatti moving up was always going to be difficult as he is a good reserve in Prem and that's it. No spring chicken any more and whilst exciting to watch he has reached his full ability.

I am wondering who we will get in play offs. Suppose depends if we finish top as for sure Poole Management won't want either Swindon or Wolves, but wouldn't even be confident of beating Ipswich with the current 3 weak links.

Not expecting anything now and going to be interesting if Chris Holder does get ok for UK next year as who gives way. Arguably Klindt has been their best rider so does orJosh go to try and fit Holder in ??. Can't see him dropping Holder Jr or Kurtz. Problem is that Chris Holder not the rider he was and replacing say Klidnt would probably be no real better than this year.

All depending of course on what league set up/points is for 2020 and if Poole do continue with no buyer in sight and unlikely ever to be so.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Put Poole second last paragraph instead of Wolves

17 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Still convinced that Ford building on a tight budget and lack of real investment will come to bite them on the backside.

Was never really convinced on Worrall and to be honest I doubt that they would have been strengthened by him not being injured. They could have signed Rasmus Jensen who many in the so called know were certain he was the Dane we were getting. No we got NBJ instead who didn't work out. (both Jensen and Jake Allen were rumoured so assume it was down to not wanting to pay out).The strength in depth again was up and down with too many co called potential H/L not performing all on the same day. Plus with tight budget in mind. Fortunately Kurtz/Holder/Klindt are all assets  as god know where would have been otherwise if Ford didn't want to pay out.

In years gone by the reserves were always a master stroke as young guys or young foreign riders with GSA well below there true ability. This year its gone badly wrong and for me its probably due to finance again. Wells ???. Most  except the promoters of Poole knew that was a disaster waiting to happen. If BV knew it as did many supporters then for sure more lows than highs was nailed on. As for TJH ????. Anyone who truly follows speedway around Europe would know that nobody wanted him in SWE Prem because he was not good enough and wanted too much money as he overrated his failing ability. POL EXL and Nice Lge 1 didn't want him which in itself should tell you the story. He bombed when last in UK and not surprised one bit what we are getting. Love to be proved wrong if he does p/up but nuh not convinced.

Covatti moving up was always going to be difficult as he is a good reserve in Prem and that's it. No spring chicken any more and whilst exciting to watch he has reached his full ability.

I am wondering who we will get in play offs. Suppose depends if we finish top as for sure Poole Management won't want either Swindon or Wolves, but wouldn't even be confident of beating Ipswich with the current 3 weak links.

Not expecting anything now and going to be interesting if Chris Holder does get ok for UK next year as who gives way. Arguably Klindt has been their best rider so does orJosh go to try and fit Holder in ??. Can't see him dropping Holder Jr or Kurtz. Problem is that Chris Holder not the rider he was and replacing say Klidnt would probably be no real better than this year.

All depending of course on what league set up/points is for 2020 and if Poole do continue with no buyer in sight and unlikely ever to be so.

I just got blasted by that clown Starman for saying there must be an issue with Matt Ford paying out

Poole ovee the years have made many many team changes and few have been wrong........but THJ and Wells are 2 appalling signings

I enjoy reading your posts and having a proper debate with a decent Poole supporter

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I just got blasted by that clown Starman for saying there must be an issue with Matt Ford paying out

Poole ovee the years have made many many team changes and few have been wrong........but THJ and Wells are 2 appealling signings

I enjoy reading your posts and having a proper debate with a decent Poole supporter

Edited for accuracy. :t::drink:

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole ovee the years have made many many team changes and few have been wrong........but THJ and Wells are 2 appalling signings

Thanks. Doesn't cost anything to have sensible debate on Speedway. Plus you are only 40 miles up the road from me in Ipswich when I am in Chelmsford ;-)

See nothing wrong in you as a Ips supporter contributing sensible debate to a Poole Forum. Too many people don't want to hear bad/negative comment when it is in fact debating the various aspects of the risers/sport.

Personally have always found your comments informative and more often than not close to the real situation when giving opinions even if it is not what some Poole supporters want to hear.

Unfortunately there are some you will never win over ;-)

5 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Edited for accuracy. :t::drink:

What do you expect from a Swindon supporter LOL ;)

The way things currently looking, Swindon won't need any big slices of luck to win the title/playoffs. Fair play to them for sensible and shrewd signings plus finally getting the best out of Perks.  Only Wolves imo stand in your way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

What do you expect from a Swindon supporter LOL ;)

The way things currently looking, Swindon won't need any big slices of luck to win the title/playoffs. Fair play to them for sensible and shrewd signings plus finally getting the best out of Perks.  Only Wolves imo stand in your way. 

In either the semi or final

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole should have replaced the injured Worrall thus keeping Covatti at reserve

Umm Gavan you do contradict yourself quite a lot! You've said Poole should keep r/r and not sign anyone. Poole sign someone, you still say we should have r/r and then today you say Poole should have signed someone straight away ( at the time you said r/r was stronger than Richie so should go with that!)

Even if we had signed someone straight away with Richie's average and who was available Covatti would have always gone above them into the no2 position.

• Like 1