British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree hence why i said all any team wants is a full 1-7.

Will Howarth be out for the season?If so i can't you sign a rider even though it's past the deadline as it's an injury and not just replacing an out of form rider.

Really not sure if it puts him out till end of season who knows with these riders?

I don’t believe we can sign a rider now that deadline has gone injury or not. We have suffered and so have other teams going into previous play offs without being able to make a signing.

most people seem to think this will  be   a walk in the park for us I really don't think it will 

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Routine home win, 53-37 ish. 

You wish!! No way is that happening. Do well to win by 8. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Confidence booster. i am sure he will be fine, its the other reserve that isn't fine!

You got a thing about Wells!! ;)

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Really not sure if it puts him out till end of season who knows with these riders?

I don’t believe we can sign a rider now that deadline has gone injury or not. We have suffered and so have other teams going into previous play offs without being able to make a signing.

Be interesting to know officially if you can or not? I thought last season you could sign a rider past the deadline if the original rider was injured, to stop loads of guests being needed...?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes. 

yes he is not good enough nbj should not have been replaced at the time .we are now weaker at reserve becker and douglas could be trump cards on Thursday just my opinion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to know officially if you can or not? I thought last season you could sign a rider past the deadline if the original rider was injured, to stop loads of guests being needed...?

The only thing I remember from last year was the ridiculous not swap guests from 1st and 2nd leg.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The only thing I remember from last year was the ridiculous not swap guests from 1st and 2nd leg.

Last season not worth remembering what a farce

2 hours ago, ray c said:

yes he is not good enough nbj should not have been replaced at the time .we are now weaker at reserve becker and douglas could be trump cards on Thursday just my opinion

I wonder is Ryan Douglas was available to us before Wolves signed him because he was always going to be a big improver considering his start to the season. 

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I wonder is Ryan Douglas was available to us before Wolves signed him because he was always going to be a big improver considering his start to the season. 

His actual 2019 top flight average with Wolves is 4.60 so not the big improver some seem to think. 

His big scores have been match changers but he has had more poor meetings.

Id agree tho, has the potential to improve more and hopefully his average will be low enough to include him next season. 

Edit, his actual rolling average is 4.60 as well so hopefully will stay low enough then.

Edited by stevebrum

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His actual 2019 top flight average with Wolves is 4.60 so not the big improver some seem to think. 

His big scores have been match changers but he has had more poor meetings.

Id agree tho, has the potential to improve more and hopefully his average will be low enough to include him next season. 

Edit, his actual rolling average is 4.60 as well so hopefully will stay low enough then.

He seems to have improved a lot this season and fair play to Wolves for seeing his potential and snapping him up. I can't think swapping Ashley Morris for Douglas took much thought!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

No Belle Vue couldn't replace Bewley or cook had to be guests who weren't in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

No Belle Vue couldn't replace Bewley or cook had to be guests who weren't in the playoffs.

And that as well.