British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

A big meeting for both clubs on Thursday. Poole need the win to keep up the pressure on Swindon for battle of the top spot while Wolves are in a desperate situation of needing a win or a bare minimum point to keep their hopes alive of making the playoffs.

For the first time in months Poole ride at home a full 1-7 with the arrival of THJ. Covatti to 2.

For Wolves Howarth dislocated his shoulder last night so they might need to bring in a replacement.

Thoughts?

It will be R/R for Howarth wouldn't it.

Wolves shouldn't get a point but you never know.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Howarth was at reserve last week.

He isn't tomorrow.He is 4th in the averages and goes above Morris,Douglas and Becker.

Just now, tellboy said:

He isn't tomorrow.He is 4th in the averages and goes above Morris,Douglas and Becker.

maybe r/r not to bad for the wolves then . I feel we are weaker now that covatti is no 2 and with thj at reserve not sure what he will do 

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Beat me to it! Douglas and Becker at reserve. Reserves look strong. Our worst signing of the season Wells likely to have a tough night. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

maybe r/r not to bad for the wolves then . I feel we are weaker now that covatti is no 2 and with thj at reserve not sure what he will do 

THJ rode well at Ipswich in general, messed up a couple of times early on as expected really, then rode well until Harris took him off, wasn't great after that but at a track he knows well he should be fine.  The crash looked bad and probably felt a bit second hand. 

Edited by foreverblue

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Beat me to it! Douglas and Becker at reserve. Reserves look strong. Our worst signing of the season Wells likely to have a tough night. 

not often we get a reserve pairing better than ours 

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

not often we get a reserve pairing better than ours 

It wouldn't be if we had kept NBJ but hes injured now so would have needed replacing anyway but maybe if we had left it we could have got a better option. It was still a bad decision in my view. Wells didn't get sacked by Belle Vue because he was going well. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For Wolves Howarth dislocated his shoulder last night so they might need to bring in a replacement.

Thoughts?

Too late for replacements as transfer window now closed.

RR will weaken us just when we need our top 7. Could be close and I expect Poole to win.

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Too late for replacements as transfer window now closed.

RR will weaken us just when we need our top 7. Could be close and I expect Poole to win.

Imo R/R doesn't really weaken you.But of course what any team wants is a full 1-7.But when you can have Becker,Douglas,Morris and Thorssell taking Howarth's rides it's not too bad.Howarth just got his average up in time,you could have been in the mire had he stayed at reserve.

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Howarth was at reserve last week.

Maybe try and get the facts before you post

Poole with a full 1-7 and should take this fairly comfortably

R/R for Howarth doesnt help Wolves apart form the fact he has moved out of reserve now so that should help a bit.

Thorsell and Morris were awful at Poole a few weeks back and has Douglas ridden there??.....The loss of Howarth an ex Poole rider who knows the track is a hinderance

As an Ipswich fan i hope Poole win by more than 8, and lets be honest with a full 1-7 up against a weakened Wolves it should be comfortable

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It wouldn't be if we had kept NBJ but hes injured now so would have needed replacing anyway but maybe if we had left it we could have got a better option. It was still a bad decision in my view. Wells didn't get sacked by Belle Vue because he was going well. 

Wells isn’t a Poole type of rider. We are not used to seeing a rider tailed off like that. Run lasts, yes but always battling. To be 50 metres behind is frankly unacceptable but nothing we can do about it now. Wells seems to have lost what he had.

Howarths injury certainly helps Wolves and his absence has come at the perfect time for them. He occasionally has a good ride but the guys who replace him will score much more. Schlein, Morris, Becker and Douglas can all take a ride. Douglas showed his liking for the Poole track on his one and only visit. Schlein and Morris know the track well and Becker scored paid double figures last time Wolves were here.

We could witness Wolves getting the points they require to jump above Belle Vue into the playoffs. We need to be right on it from the start to get a win. Also Josh needs to be back from injury or we are stuffed. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

44 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Maybe try and get the facts before you post

Poole with a full 1-7 and should take this fairly comfortably

R/R for Howarth doesnt help Wolves apart form the fact he has moved out of reserve now so that should help a bit.

Thorsell and Morris were awful at Poole a few weeks back and has Douglas ridden there??.....The loss of Howarth an ex Poole rider who knows the track is a hinderance

As an Ipswich fan i hope Poole win by more than 8, and lets be honest with a full 1-7 up against a weakened Wolves it should be comfortable

I do think wolves will get something out of this meeting .I think r/r is ok with becker and douglas at reserve will match wells and thj quite easily .douglas also got a heat 15 guesting for Peterborough a few weeks back .so I reckon a close meeting coming up