British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

From Stars website:

WOLVERHAMPTON v STARS, PREVIEW

Sunday September 01, 2019
wolverhampton_stars.jpg
KING’S Lynn face a ding-dong battle against Wolverhampton at Monmore Green on Monday (7.30).

Both sides know they need a win to keep their hopes of reaching the play-offs alive. The Poultec Stars are the only team yet to win away in the league this term, and there is no time like the present to clinch their first away victory.

The Norfolk side will travel to the Midlands at full strength with Nicklas Porsing making his return from injury at reserve - while a familiar face, Dale Allitt, will take charge of the Stars for one night only with regular boss Peter Schroeck unavailable. 

German racer Erik Riss said: “We only have four meetings left now, so it is getting closer to the play-offs so, it is getting more and more important that we get a win away from home.

“We are quite confident of winning both of our remaining meetings at home, but we know we have to win at least one meeting on the road to keep our hopes of getting in the play-offs. 

“I don’t really have any explanation why we are struggling away. At Belle Vue we got smashed there and I don’t think we expected that to happen because we all had hopes that we could win or keep it close there, but we lost big time!

“Obviously, every rider knows what they’ve done wrong but away from home we just seem to not be on it, on the day. When you’re away you have got to remember all the home riders know how to setup their bike straight away and that is our challenge on the road and it just seems that we haven’t managed to do that so far.

“Monmore Green is quite a small technical track and it is quite similar to Edinburgh where I spent four years and I was quite good there. I expect to have a good performance at Wolverhampton. 

“I have had good meetings there in the past, although in my one appearance there this year I had bike issues only scoring one point so, I really want to make up for that.

“Wolverhampton need a win and so do we which means it will be serious and it is going to be on because both teams have to win on Monday. It is going to be a tough meeting for sure but we’re up for it!”

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Nick Morris, Jacob Thorssell, Ryan Douglas, Luke Becker.
KINGS LYNN: Robert Lambert, Michael Palm Toft, Erik Riss, Thomas Jorgensen, Craig Cook, Lewis Kerr, Nicklas Porsing.
Edited by Bagpuss

Howarth injured a shoulder riding for Sheffield - will it be RR ? 

21 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Howarth injured a shoulder riding for Sheffield - will it be RR ? 

It will be R/R if he doesn't make it.Which in truth at home Wolves can cover that with Thorssell,Morris,Becker and Douglas all able to take a ride each.

With Porsing back for Lynn i think that weakens them,after watching his last performance there.Shame they couldn't bring Nicol back in the team after he returned from injury last night.

Wolves will win this one easily,as Lynn's engine room will again be found wanting.

• Like 1

As this meeting seems to have disappeared from the BT Sports schedules, you would think that the Wolves preview would be highlighting the importance of actually attending the fixture if fans want to see it?!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It will be R/R if he doesn't make it.Which in truth at home Wolves can cover that with Thorssell,Morris,Becker and Douglas all able to take a ride each.

With Porsing back for Lynn i think that weakens them,after watching his last performance there.Shame they couldn't bring Nicol back in the team after he returned from injury last night.

Wolves will win this one easily,as Lynn's engine room will again be found wanting.

Agree Tel. Nick couldn't ride it, when  he rode for the Panthers a few weeks back.

Lynns engine room have been bad away all season.

52-38

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Agree Tel. Nick couldn't ride it, when  he road for the Panthers a few weeks back.

Lynns engine room have been bad away all season.

52-38

It was wet that night so expecting a different track tomorrow and you’d like to think Porsing will perform better. Like tellboy I wonder if Lynn have missed a trick not getting Nicol back in for the rest of the season, he surely would have scored well at Wolves tomorrow. 

One or two riders really need to pull their socks up after Belle Vue on Monday but can’t see anything other than a comfy home win. 

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As this meeting seems to have disappeared from the BT Sports schedules, you would think that the Wolves preview would be highlighting the importance of actually attending the fixture if fans want to see it?!

Oh thats a shame be a good meeting for tv.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh thats a shame be a good meeting for tv.

Exactly, no idea why it's been dropped when it's such a key meeting

• Like 1

Lets hope it’s better than the drivel served up from here in the last televised meeting. Forecast is set fair so no excuses.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lets hope it’s better than the drivel served up from here in the last televised meeting. Forecast is set fair so no excuses.

As its not on tv wont affect us so dont worry about it 

Edited by ray c

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly wasn’t the worst meeting on BT of the season, although Wolves were racing. That would be the dreadful Poole track that was a danger and a liability.

At present there is no match on Monday on TV

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

No porsing now, ostegaard guests. 

No idea what has been keeping porsing out this long?

Tactical I guess Porsing was like a MDL rider when guesting for P-borough 

5 minutes ago, therefused said:

No porsing now, ostegaard guests. 

No idea what has been keeping porsing out this long?

The likelihood he would score no points?? :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The likelihood he would score no points?? :P

Seems about right, don’t know why they don’t just drop him