British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

41 minutes ago, therefused said:

No porsing now, ostegaard guests. 

No idea what has been keeping porsing out this long?

Should have replaced Poorthing with Broc Nocol for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The likelihood he would score no points?? :P

Probably not wrong..

Incredible how this sport (in the UK), still allows ringers to come in on a seemingly ad hoc basis, and some fans are still genuinely surprised that it isn't taken seriously by the wider mainstream media... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Exactly, no idea why it's been dropped when it's such a key meeting

It's probably because King's Lynn isn't spelt p-o-o-l-e :)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Probably not wrong..

Incredible how this sport (in the UK), still allows ringers to come in on a seemingly ad hoc basis, and some fans are still genuinely surprised that it isn't taken seriously by the wider mainstream media... :rolleyes:

Yet again ringers have always been in speedway and never stop it being popular or stop it being cover by the wider mainstream media ..yet another speedway  myth 

wolves should cruise this going level with Aces on 38pts  down to Aces  then at peterboro on thursday having won there twice already and  all Aces riders usually ride it well bjerre has had 10 rides 10 wins lol fricke etc we are looking good for the win ? but you never know in speedway ? also now charles wright ruled out with concussion only lynn guests available probably be riss ?? then its down to what wolves do at poole ?? also a date has to be set for wolves match at peterboro before the play/offs start on monday 23rd sept ? also the weather could play its part ?going to be at tight/tense finish ?

16 minutes ago, orion said:

Yet again ringers have always been in speedway and never stop it being popular or stop it being cover by the wider mainstream media ..yet another speedway  myth 

So in this modern age of instant 24/7 media coverage it can stand its operating model up to scrutiny against those of every other sport and be measured positively against them on credibility and integrity can it? :D:rolleyes:

And Speedways popularity which you describe has been on a steep year on year decline for the past 40 years using the current operating model..

Therefore I suggest they try something different to try and halt this slide because doing the same thing time and time again, and expecting different results, is widely regarded as a mark of insanity...

And that's no myth.. ;)

Edited by mikebv

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Should have replaced Poorthing with Broc Nocol for the rest of the season.

They can’t apparently due to a visa issue.

No Porsing strengthens the Stars.

One would expect that Porsing has a doctors note whatever the reason for his absence is and it’s difficult to argue with one of those. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

They can’t apparently due to a visa issue.

No Porsing strengthens the Stars.

Do you expect Ulrich to trouble the scorers?

35 minutes ago, mikebv said:

So in this modern age of instant 24/7 media coverage it can stand its operating model up to scrutiny against those of every other sport and be measured positively against them on credibility and integrity can it? :D:rolleyes:

And Speedways popularity which you describe has been on a steep year on year decline for the past 40 years using the current operating model..

Therefore I suggest they try something different to try and halt this slide because doing the same thing time and time again, and expecting different results, is widely regarded as a mark of insanity...

And that's no myth.. ;)

The crowds slide as the team get worst it's not hard to figure out ..of course as we have seen your plan  is to carry on making the teams worst so its odd you go on  about  doing the same thing time and time again  . .I could pull apart Football ,Golf Cricket about credibility and intergrity but it does not stop crowds watching it. maybe these sports don't have the same 24-7 media coverage speedway has :rofl::rofl:

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Do you expect Ulrich to trouble the scorers?

Have you ever seen Porsing at Monmore? Even a NL rider is an improvement.

Ostergaard got 9 the other week at Ipswich. So yes he he way more capable of scoring more than Porsing. However hopefully he scores little, ditto the other 6 Stars.:t:

Was looking forward to watching this meeting. BT are doing my head in. Will be a narrow Wolverhampton win.

41 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Was looking forward to watching this meeting. BT are doing my head in. Will be a narrow Wolverhampton win.

If it wasn't for their coverage of the GP's. I would ditch BT Sport, their League coverage has been very poor, and now they change this meeting for rudy German Football.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Have you ever seen Porsing at Monmore? Even a NL rider is an improvement.

Ostergaard got 9 the other week at Ipswich. So yes he he way more capable of scoring more than Porsing. However hopefully he scores little, ditto the other 6 Stars.:t:

I think that is a bit tongue in cheek saying a NL rider would be an improvement. 

Yes he was awful riding for Peterborough the other week in tough conditions. But riding for Lynn he has never been that bad around there. I think his lowest score has been 3 for Lynn which isn't that bad around your place. Most of the time would have been in the 1-5 too. Do remember him scoring an 8 or 9 a few years ago beating Thorssell twice so we know he can do it, it's just whether he can be bothered it seems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

f

Yes he was awful riding for Peterborough the otvher week in tough conditions. But riding for Lynn he has never been ffffgthat bad around there. I think his lowest score fhas been 3 for Lynn which isn't that bad aroundxd your place. Most of the time would have been ifcn the 1-5 too. Do remember him scoring an 8 or 9 2a few years ago bdeating Thorssell tgwice so we 6 he can do it, it's just whether he can be bothered it sdgeems.