British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Do you get a sick note for the first 7 days?Anyway if you have something like a migraine or sickness on the shi*s your not really wanting to jump on a bike and race around.Be too dangerous with a migraine anyway.Will doctors give sicknotes for those.

Its different for speedway riders potentially because they are self employed.

I'm pretty certain the law states that you can self cert for 7 days as an employee.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He has been like night and day this season.

Up to and including tonight...

TJ …..  Home 7.71       Away 3.66.

He's not the only one, but the biggest H and A difference.

I agree with the stag.I like Jorgensen but feel he does let the side down terribly away from home.He is great to watch at home and carries great speed and you just wonder why he can't ever repeat it away from the NA.This is what you get from quite a few second strings though,and that has been the same through out the years.There is no consistency with them unlike what you normally get from top boys.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I agree with the stag.I like Jorgensen but feel he does let the side down terribly away from home.He is great to watch at home and carries great speed and you just wonder why he can't ever repeat it away from the NA.This is what you get from quite a few second strings though,and that has been the same through out the years.There is no consistency with them unlike what you normally get from top boys.

I like the bloke as well, but over 4 points difference must be the widest in the league.

I agree, Jorgensen’s time at Lynn has surely run its course now. 

Im going to stick my neck out and say that Robert and Lewis have been disappointing this year. Capable of much more than they have shown. 

MPT and Erik the two bright spots of a pretty wretched campaign high has fallen way, way below the standards of last season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree, Jorgensen’s time at Lynn has surely run its course now. 

Im going to stick my neck out and say that Robert and Lewis have been disappointing this year. Capable of much more than they have shown. 

MPT and Erik the two bright spots of a pretty wretched campaign high has fallen way, way below the standards of last season. 

Lewis including tonight are Home … 7.09     Away ….4.19

We have to many riders  who seem to love riding the our home track.

Others including tonight.

Erik Home …. 8.00    Away 5.29

MPT  Home 7.44     Away 5.28

I know averages are generally  a bit worse away, and all teams are probably like it, but Lynn have to many with a big difference home and away.

I would keep Erik,  who is on the way up, and probably Tofty.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, mrss said:

I suspect you don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you wait to see what Craig has to say before you slag him off.

Because he tells lies.

He did not change bikes and did not alter anything on the bikes.

If he was ill, fine, say that and stick to it.

just be honest with the people who pay to watch

I hope Nicholls gets a ban as when I heard the pay rates on Thursday, he was first name to spring to mind for not turning up.

Charles Wright missed a meeting at Ipswich but rode either side of it, so he should have a ban.

with no punishment it will carry on. The clubs should also get no facility to cover any bans for riders picking and choosing when to put in any effort or not.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Charles Wright missed a meeting at Ipswich but rode either side of it, so he should have a ban.

Why??? I went to work last Wednesday was off on the Thursday but went back on the Friday.. No difference 

So it seems it’s just between Vue and Wolves for 4th. A 4 pointer at Peterborough will do it assuming a date can be sorted otherwise it’s a travesty.

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Why??? I went to work last Wednesday was off on the Thursday but went back on the Friday.. No difference 

Unless you were scheduled to work Thursday and just took it off then it’s not even the same thing!

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

So it seems it’s just between Vue and Wolves for 4th. A 4 pointer at Peterborough will do it assuming a date can be sorted otherwise it’s a travesty.

No think both of us will be in playoffs Ipswich going finish 5th 

Both of us will qualify.

I can’t see Ipswich getting another point this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

No think both of us will be in playoffs Ipswich going finish 5th 

2 minutes ago, acef said:

Both of us will qualify.

Fair enough both. Witches need to win there home match Thursday against the most in form team!

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Both of us will qualify.

You never know things happen in speedway, some go for you some go against you, don't write off Ipswich yet.

• Like 1

Fair enough both. Witches need to win there home match Thursday against the most in form team!

Even Swindon could have an off night hopefully!