British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

Just now, foreverblue said:

Even Swindon could have an off night hopefully!

Nothing is certain, gonna take a good team to stop the Robins.

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True and it could be Wolves.

It’s whoever wants it most!

2 hours ago, mrss said:

I suspect you don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you wait to see what Craig has to say before you slag him off.

Well he didn’t mention illness on his Twitter, just bike trouble which he hope to figure out! We will have to wait till tomorrow to see his reason for pulling out tonight!

If a rider misses a meeting that is due to a non speedway accident he is automatically given a 7day ban

the first 7 days of an illness you self certify followed by sick note to your employer.

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree with the stag.I like Jorgensen but feel he does let the side down terribly away from home.He is great to watch at home and carries great speed and you just wonder why he can't ever repeat it away from the NA.This is what you get from quite a few second strings though,and that has been the same through out the years.There is no consistency with them unlike what you normally get from top boys.

It's the difference basically, these bike set ups and riding the right lines all the time sets the top boys from the middle order ...... But of course some riders get their heads round it in the end, it's not easy eh ....

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

So it seems it’s just between Vue and Wolves for 4th. A 4 pointer at Peterborough will do it assuming a date can be sorted otherwise it’s a travesty.

CVS made some comments in the programme regarding the Peterborough meeting. Buster rescheduled the meeting for the 19th without consulting Wolves. When CVS contacted Peterborough about it they were very apologetic about it and removed the date from the fixtures and we've heard nothing since. CVS has tried to talk to Peterborough about it he was told that fixtures need to be agreed by Buster. CVS has had no choice but to ask the BSPA MC to intervene.He said in all his time involved in speedway he has never known anything like it

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

CVS made some comments in the programme regarding the Peterborough meeting. Buster rescheduled the meeting for the 19th without consulting Wolves. When CVS contacted Peterborough about it they were very apologetic about it and removed the date from the fixtures and we've heard nothing since. CVS has tried to talk to Peterborough about it he was told that fixtures need to be agreed by Buster. CVS has had no choice but to ask the BSPA MC to intervene.He said in all his time involved in speedway he has never known anything like it

Peterborough press release this morning:

header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH'S final meeting of a difficult season will take place at the East of England Arena on a rare Tuesday night.

The Crendon Panthers have finally agreed a date with play-off chasing Wolverhampton for Tuesday September 17.

As with all remaining home meetings - starting with Belle Vue this Thursday - Carl Johnson's side can have a major say on the play-off race.

"It's been tough," said Johnson. "But now we have our final date in place we can focus on getting the best out of what we have.

"We want to see the fans backing the team, backing the club and showing what the sport means to them at Peterborough."

Swindon, who are aiming to finish top, are the visitors next Monday, September 9, before the Wolves fixture.

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg
Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

A friend of mine pointed out the following, which is noteworthy. From heats 10 to 15, which is 6 heats, Erik Riss rode in 5 of them, only missing heat 14. A remarkable feat of fitness ! 

6 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

A friend of mine pointed out the following, which is noteworthy. From heats 10 to 15, which is 6 heats, Erik Riss rode in 5 of them, only missing heat 14. A remarkable feat of fitness ! 

And Erik Riss rode the Green as though it was his home track! One of the limited highlights from the Stars.

36 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Slight correction to this. When I say friend I mean more of a passing acquaintance, really. LOL.

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Peterborough press release this morning:

header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH'S final meeting of a difficult season will take place at the East of England Arena on a rare Tuesday night.

The Crendon Panthers have finally agreed a date with play-off chasing Wolverhampton for Tuesday September 17.

As with all remaining home meetings - starting with Belle Vue this Thursday - Carl Johnson's side can have a major say on the play-off race.

"It's been tough," said Johnson. "But now we have our final date in place we can focus on getting the best out of what we have.

"We want to see the fans backing the team, backing the club and showing what the sport means to them at Peterborough."

Swindon, who are aiming to finish top, are the visitors next Monday, September 9, before the Wolves fixture.

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg

That's good news that a date has finally been agreed, a bit of a strange one though, Wolves will probably be without Jacob Thorssell if Dackarna make it to the Swedish playoff final, the semi final is today and next Tuesday so I imagine the final would be Tuesday 17th and 24th

According to the SVEMO website September 17th is the semifinal reserve date.  Final is 24th and 25th September.