British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

They can’t apparently due to a visa issue.

No Porsing strengthens the Stars.

Stars are better off without Poorthing , but Ulrich Oldgaurd isn't going to be a match winner. 52 38 too Woives.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shame BT dumped the meeting. 56-34.

Thought you would be glad not having to watch 'drivel'.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think that is a bit tongue in cheek saying a NL rider would be an improvement. 

Yes he was awful riding for Peterborough the other week in tough conditions. But riding for Lynn he has never been that bad around there. I think his lowest score has been 3 for Lynn which isn't that bad around your place. Most of the time would have been in the 1-5 too. Do remember him scoring an 8 or 9 a few years ago beating Thorssell twice so we know he can do it, it's just whether he can be bothered it seems. 

It’s amazing how little research people do when claiming this, that and the other. Takes a few seconds to check riders previous scores in the updates site archives. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kelvinht said:

It's probably because King's Lynn isn't spelt p-o-o-l-e :)

Don't worry, you've only got a week to wait to see both on TV!!:D

22 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Exactly, no idea why it's been dropped when it's such a key meeting

I thought it strange when Natalie didn't mention it on Saturday.  It's listed in all the TV mags.

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think that is a bit tongue in cheek saying a NL rider would be an improvement. 

Yes he was awful riding for Peterborough the other week in tough conditions. But riding for Lynn he has never been that bad around there. I think his lowest score has been 3 for Lynn which isn't that bad around your place. Most of the time would have been in the 1-5 too. Do remember him scoring an 8 or 9 a few years ago beating Thorssell twice so we know he can do it, it's just whether he can be bothered it seems. 

A bit tongue in cheek but there are plenty of riders currently in the NL that most likely would do better at Monmore. Clegg springs to mind as an example.

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Stars are better off without Poorthing , but Ulrich Oldgaurd isn't going to be a match winner. 52 38 too Woives.

He probably won’t be but he won’t do any worse on ability at riding Monmore.

Craig Cook pulled out of the Championship riders Final after 3 rides with illness, I wonder if he is a doubt for tonight? Nothing on the Stars web site, they include him in the line up.

41 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Craig Cook pulled out of the Championship riders Final after 3 rides with illness, I wonder if he is a doubt for tonight? Nothing on the Stars web site, they include him in the line up.

Thought it was more a sick bike than a sick body (comparatively speaking of course!?):rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Sick or blown engines (2 apparently)?

Sounds dodgy either way.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Sick or blown engines (2 apparently)?

Sounds dodgy either way.

In 3 rides the furthest he got was bend 2, definately bike trouble I would say

• Like 2