British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Wolves v King’s Lynn 2nd Sept

6 minutes ago, Hasbeen said:

According to the SVEMO website September 17th is the semifinal reserve date.  Final is 24th and 25th September.

Oh good, hopefully will be okay then

4 hours ago, sommelier said:

Yet another poor performance from Lambert!

Yeah, he jarred his back again in his second race, he's not fit ....... some tracks are easier to ride than others when you're not fit .........

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yeah, he jarred his back again in his second race, he's not fit ....... some tracks are easier to ride than others when you're not fit .........

Tighter tracks will be much harder to ride with back or arm injuries. I think people are expecting too much from the lad right now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Tighter tracks will be much harder to ride with back or arm injuries. I think people are expecting too much from the lad right now.

Dale Allitt said afterwards that he shouldn’t be riding really. He’s had some pretty horrible crashes this year, hopefully he has a bit more luck in 2020 after a restful winter. 

Allitt also said that Cook is in a bad way and was withdrawn by the paramedic. MPT has an ankle injury. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

he has  been poor all season tbh but definitely ain’t fit enough to ride now if I was him I’d take rest of season off  and come back refreshed next season 

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sometimes fans forget riders are only human after all and the body needs time to heal.

then the body should be rested and not just turn up and go through the motions .. thats my thoughts ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pubichair said:

he has  been poor all season tbh but definitely ain’t fit enough to ride now if I was him I’d take rest of season off  and come back refreshed next season 

Poor in the UK by his own high standards from last season.

However in truth his career has progressed further on the world stage.

Im sure like the majority of top riders the UK is a low priority, which makes Doyle a real pleasure to have in the top flight.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

then the body should be rested and not just turn up and go through the motions .. thats my thoughts ..

I don’t think he’s a rider who has ever gone through the motions.....would be easy for him to cry off but if guests are virtually impossible to book and he doesn’t want to let his club down then he will ride. 

My main concern for him is the World U21s as it’s his last go this year. 

I think Robert is riding the gp’s hoping to impress for a wild card 2020. I not sure he deserves one yet.

18 hours ago, acef said:

If he was ill yesterday and clearly at risk today, why travel? 

Its selfish and I suspect there is more going on than on the face of it.

Perhaps that's because it could mean a 7 day ban. Nicholls has received a ban of 7 days for pulling out of the meeting with a back injury.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Red Flag said:

Tactical I guess Porsing was like a MDL rider when guesting for P-borough 

There are better mdl riders around Monmore than porsing. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think Robert is riding the gp’s hoping to impress for a wild card 2020. I not sure he deserves one yet.

He had more chance prior to last Saturday, turning up and putting in a sub standard performance due to injury did him more harm than good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

Yes in an ideal world, ask Robert about it ......