British Speedway Forum
George Dodds

Berwick v Edinburgh & Glasgow Saturday 7 September 6.30pm

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Left after the first meeting couldn’t stand through another 15 heats of gate and go. All for trying to get through it quickly but at least apply the rules ridiculous amount of false starts tonight.

Bandits were on fire tonight and well we are completely rubbish. Same score 2nd meeting bandits.

Same old nonsense. I could mention Barker third to first in heat 6, Gappmaier third to first in heat 8, Doolan passing Heeps in heat 9, Pickering passing Barker in heat 10, Etheridge third to first in heat 13 and Barker passing Heeps in heat 13 but I must have dreamt it. Take your frustration out on your own riders.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, topsoil said:

Same old nonsense. I could mention Barker third to first in heat 6, Gappmaier third to first in heat 8, Doolan passing Heeps in heat 9, Pickering passing Barker in heat 10, Etheridge third to first in heat 13 and Barker passing Heeps in heat 13 but I must have dreamt it. Take your frustration out on your own riders.  

Bang on mate     By way I had Garcia second in Heat 8 not Flint as on Updates  in the Glasgow match.   Also Gappmaier second Heat 15   Barker third?

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
error

1 minute ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Bang on mate     By way I had Garcia second in Heat 8 not Flint as on Updates    Also Gappmaier second Heat 15   Barker third?

You are correct in both instances.  Coty was very much the unsung hero tonight. But what a way to end the season - the noise and atmosphere in Ht 15 (and after the stoppage) was terrific.... 

7 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Bang on mate     By way I had Garcia second in Heat 8 not Flint as on Updates    Also Gappmaier second Heat 15   Barker third?

That was the Glasgow meeting.

He was replying to Mr.Blobby about the Edinburgh meeting.

51 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

You are correct in both instances.  Coty was very much the unsung hero tonight. But what a way to end the season - the noise and atmosphere in Ht 15 (and after the stoppage) was terrific.... 

End the season ?

Two (4 pt.) away wins to come.

Somerset must be quaking in their Daytona's.

Edited by Gringo

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

End the season ?

Two (4 pt.) away wins to come.

Somerset must be quaking in their Daytona's.

It’s the hope that kills you 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadders said:

It’s the hope that kills you 

Without hope you have nothing 

a bit like being married You hope it will improve 

Edited by Tellitasitis
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

A bit of drama and needle is what we need makes for entertainment best atmosphere I’ve seen or experienced at Shielfield for a long time 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

A bit of drama and needle is what we need makes for entertainment best atmosphere I’ve seen or experienced at Shielfield for a long time 

Agreed. I was way up on the 3rd bend, but you could sense the tension and atmosphere. It definitely adds to the occasion. 

2 hours ago, Midget said:

What has cookie been up to now

Heat 15, he went for a gap to overtake Jye Etheridge, there was contact, Jye came off, Cook was excluded. Nothing wrong with the move, it was hard, there was a gap, he went for it. The decision was right. There was bravado afterwards, finger pointing, threats, pantomime stuff. It all added to the atmosphere. The noise generated by both sets of fans in the second meeting was brilliant and this just ramped it up a bit. Glasgow meetings are always special, because they bring a load of fans. The more fans create a better atmosphere. There is a good bond between the two clubs as well.

Cook is the rider Berwick fans love to hate, mainly because of his time as an Edinburgh rider and the fact he is so bloody good around the place. I reckon if you asked Berwick fans they would say that they love booing him but they also admire him because he is damn good to watch around Shielfield.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Heat 15, he went for a gap to overtake Jye Etheridge, there was contact, Jye came off, Cook was excluded. Nothing wrong with the move, it was hard, there was a gap, he went for it. The decision was right. There was bravado afterwards, finger pointing, threats, pantomime stuff. It all added to the atmosphere. The noise generated by both sets of fans in the second meeting was brilliant and this just ramped it up a bit. Glasgow meetings are always special, because they bring a load of fans. The more fans create a better atmosphere. There is a good bond between the two clubs as well.

Cook is the rider Berwick fans love to hate, mainly because of his time as an Edinburgh rider and the fact he is so bloody good around the place. I reckon if you asked Berwick fans they would say that they love booing him but they also admire him because he is damn good to watch around Shielfield.

I the Cook has taken over the mantel previously held by Ryan  Fisher , IMO we could do with some more of the pantomime theatrics it gives the crowd a lift 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Very good atmosphere for the Glasgow part of the meeting. Watching from the third bend I couldn’t be certain there was contact, but people who had a better view said otherwise. 

10 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Really enjoyed the second match, some good banter in hospitality between Glasgow and Berwick fans, well done to bandits on the 2 wins , very strong at home, we are carrying too many passengers, need Starkey back and should have kept Sarge, shame we missed out on a point. Thanks for a fab evening .

Glad you had a good evening in hospitality if Cookie had been more patient in heat 15 you would probably have got your point. 

• Like 1