British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Peterborough v Belle Vue 5/9/2019

If Belle Vue don't win this tomorrow then we don't deserve the play offs.  The only concern for me is the weather.

53 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

If Belle Vue don't win this tomorrow then we don't deserve the play offs.  The only concern for me is the weather.

Weather is perfect sunny all day 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Why are you concerned about the weather the meeting isn't in Manchester! 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Only Porsing from the Premiership would fit, up to 7.26 for a Championship only rider. Round the Showground Simon is a decent choice.

I agree..and he had a big score last night...better than Porsing. Meaningless fixture for Panthers anyway so why not give the local boy who loves the club a chance. Garrity has turned out to be nearly as bad a signing as Bates with his reliability!

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Why are you concerned about the weather the meeting isn't in Manchester! 

Presumably worried about a restaging date should tonight be off. Weather is very good in Peterborough so far

15 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Only Porsing from the Premiership would fit, up to 7.26 for a Championship only rider. Round the Showground Simon is a decent choice.

I've not seen Lambert this year so would agree with that based on his performances when he was here (from reserve anyway). However, with that team (injuries aside that can't be helped) and our current plight and league position as well as having something else that needs my attention and will be a better use of the time, this will be my first EoES miss of the season. With my mate not able to do the 17th, meaning that I'll probably dip out as well, then that only leaves Monday for the season. Better try to make that in case it's the last.

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How can it be ? Crump99 always says it's in my hand :D

We've got a stalker :D

I note Carl Johnson wants a good positive performance from his ,makeshift team to show the owner how much they want to stay in the top league  next year!?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I note Carl Johnson wants a good positive performance from his ,makeshift team to show the owner how much they want to stay in the top league  next year!?

Paper never refuse ink.

Chapman says “As for Peterborough staying in the Premiership, we obviously need to look at the structure of the sport and whether fixed race-nights work at the venue. Only time will tell, but we’ll know by November for sure.”

Whatever they do or don't do tonight isn't going to make a jot of difference but naturally Johnson has to do his best to talk it up somehow so no problem with that.

Wolves are in. They will win at Peterboro.

Belle Vue will win tonight. And get the 4 points.

Its all on Ipswich. There destiny is in there own hands, win tonight and what Belle Vue do will matter not.

Edit that actually, ipswich and bv will both tie on 42 points if both win and take maximum points tonight. Assuming ipswich do nothing at Poole, where does that leave the table

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, acef said:

Its all on Ipswich. There destiny is in there own hands, win tonight and what Belle Vue do will matter not.

Edit that actually, ipswich and bv will both tie on 42 points if both win and take maximum points tonight. Assuming ipswich do nothing at Poole, where does that leave the table

Upside down from a Panthers viewpoint.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, acef said:

If both finish on 42 league points then it goes to race points for and against. At the moment we are +4 and Ipswich are -31.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Presumably worried about a restaging date should tonight be off. Weather is very good in Peterborough so far

Yep I was, but looks like the weather is ok.

16 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

If both finish on 42 league points then it goes to race points for and against. At the moment we are +4 and Ipswich are -31.

If it goes to race points the Aces will qualify.