British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Peterborough v Belle Vue 5/9/2019

16 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Totally agree Steve, we were just hanging in there on borrowed time, ive always said if Wolves qualify for the play offs they could go the whole way, we know their dominance at home but they have put in some good away performances of late, don't think any team will relish taking them on.

Wolves have the same home record as belle Vue, it's their end of season away form that had seen them qualify.  They will be very tough to beat in the play offs.

Selfishly I’m glad we’ve not made the playoffs. Don’t deserve it at all. 

hopefully this instigates the shakeup we’ve needed for a few years.

Keep max/jaimon and Dan the rest thanks but no thanks. I swear if I see steve worral in next years team I’m not bothering 

• Like 1

Happy tonight. Magic Max. Glad we did not really paste them tbh. They are already down in the dumps. Did not want to add too much to that.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Wolves have the same home record as belle Vue, it's their end of season away form that had seen them qualify.  They will be very tough to beat in the play offs.

Agreed but I think visiting riders would have less concerns about coming to the NSS as they would going to Wolves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Agreed but I think visiting riders would have less concerns about coming to the NSS as they would going to Wolves.

Agreed, you need a brain, throttle control and the ability to turn the bike at Monmore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Think BT might be a bit peed off..

Apart from Swindon this year the other tracks in the play offs havent offered up great racing from what I've seen on TV.. 

Lets hope they can all prepare great racetracks for their semis and final and good luck to all of them... 

Be good to get six cracking TV meetings to end the season...

Presuming BT can be bothered showing them all obviously.. :D

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Happy tonight. Magic Max. Glad we did not really paste them tbh. They are already down in the dumps. Did not want to add too much to that.

Fruitcake alert, fruitcake alert 

• Like 1

Bad luck on both sides (Bjerre  & Hans)  at one point I actually thought Panthers were going to win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Bad luck on both sides (Bjerre  & Hans)  at one point I actually thought Panthers were going to win.

It was certainly touch and go at a few points and made for an interesting meeting.

Really pleased Hans walked away from that awful looking crash, he certainly looked quick last night.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Agreed, you need a brain, throttle control and the ability to turn the bike at Monmore.

Big it up all you want but the racing at the NSS is much more exciting to watch.Good luck to all four teams but I make Wolves and Robins joint favourites.

• Like 1

It's funny how we (Panthers) just accept that we lose every week now...instead of p## poor we are saying good effort!...how times change.

• Like 1

I couldn’t understand why Etheridge didn’t get at least one extra ride last night - after his EF on the start line in his first he was unbeaten by a Panthers rider in the rest of his programmed rides.   Expected him to get at least one extra especially with Bjerre having motor problems all evening but no.  

11 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Please tell me I’m misinterpreting that comment and it’s not a pop at the country’s best race track? You are better than that if it is. 

26 minutes ago, Lukas said:

It's funny how we (Panthers) just accept that we lose every week now...instead of p## poor we are saying good effort!...how times change.

To be fair you’ve had horrendous injury issues this year, people appreciate a good effort against the odds whereas they might not be so forgiving had BWD, Nicholls, Wright, Garrity, Summers and a fit Hans all been riding. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1