British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Peterborough v Belle Vue 5/9/2019

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Please tell me I’m misinterpreting that comment and it’s not a pop at the country’s best race track? You are better than that if it is. 

How can it be?

Its truthful that smaller, tight tracks need riders to be good technically. I didn’t even read it that way at all.

2 hours ago, colin wood said:

Big it up all you want but the racing at the NSS is much more exciting to watch.Good luck to all four teams but I make Wolves and Robins joint favourites.

Well you won't see the NSS in the play offs.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No,  unfortunately we will have to suffer the dross served up on television from the Poole track :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Selfishly I’m glad we’ve not made the playoffs. Don’t deserve it at all. 

hopefully this instigates the shakeup we’ve needed for a few years.

Keep max/jaimon and Dan the rest thanks but no thanks. I swear if I see steve worral in next years team I’m not bothering 

I will be very, very surprised if Max rides in the uk next season. He is no longer based in the country and will have the GPs, Poland, Sweden and quite possibly Denmark.

After this season, I expect that Bjerre will go to Peterborough. I think Chapman will pay him accordingly now.

Keep Lidsey, go for Chris Holder and potentially keep Dan. 

45 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Mores the pity. 

13 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Agreed, you need a brain, throttle control and the ability to turn the bike at Monmore.

So that's the reason all the best riders in the world shun the UK and choose to ride the big fast tracks in Poland, always wondered, not many trick tracks in the GP, s either 

34 minutes ago, acef said:

I will be very, very surprised if Max rides in the uk next season. He is no longer based in the country and will have the GPs, Poland, Sweden and quite possibly Denmark.

After this season, I expect that Bjerre will go to Peterborough. I think Chapman will pay him accordingly now.

Keep Lidsey, go for Chris Holder and potentially keep Dan. 

He is based in knutsford. And is very settled with his girlfriend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

No,  unfortunately we will have to suffer the dross served up on television from the Poole track :rolleyes:

Perk up mate. The rearranged fixture Poole v Ipswich on 16th Sept just been added to the BT Sports schedule.:D 

Although it might be incorrect with BT getting the date of the Play-off semis confused?!

Nigel and Kelvin will be gutted not to be going back to the NSS!  (and we probably won't hear the last of it!!).

Edited by Skidder1
  • Sad 1

It's a shame we can't do a world cup style final at BV for the playoffs. I would enjoy that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

So that's the reason all the best riders in the world shun the UK and choose to ride the big fast tracks in Poland, always wondered, not many trick tracks in the GP, s either 

So the best riders in the world don't ride in the UK because the tracks are small ? I don't think so ! Everyone knows it is because it is not worth the effort for the money on the table .

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

So the best riders in the world don't ride in the UK because the tracks are small ? I don't think so ! Everyone knows it is because it is not worth the effort for the money on the table .

If you offered Lindgren what he earns in Sweden he would ride here, jack all to do with your track.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If you offered Lindgren what he earns in Sweden he would ride here, jack all to do with your track.

And did every year until he got frozen out in the 1 over 8 rule. Doubt he would again tho.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Every rider will make their own assessment. Let's face it, those who can get remarkably good money from Poland so, as you say, it's not surprising. There a lot of very wealthy riders at the top. At least this gives places for others and the pendulum may swing again at some point, who knows. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

I am sure it's more the extra travel and money side of things, but a fair few riders don't look forward to go to Wolves, unless they are looking for a challenge!