British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Season Finale - Scorpions v Redcar 8.9.19

Redcar owe you one,after you took advantage of an understrength Bears side in July.

12 hours ago, Gringo said:

Redcar owe you one,after you took advantage of an understrength Bears side in July.

Was that Scunthorpe fault or Redcar who knew Riss would be missing 

• Like 2

Obviously it will be rob Godfrey’s fault but never mind years on end we’ve been crippled by injuries and lost but never been as bitter as you 

• Like 2

Before the Season finale, I'd just like to say a massive Thank you to Rob, the promotion, the riders, all track/cafe/bar staff and the fans of the Scorpions for making this season a decent year! Things not gone to plan, but at least we know we're running.. so Thanks Rob and co for great racing, on a great track for another season

• Like 1

Was the track so great this year?  Myself, other fans and some of the riders themselves think the track has not been up to previous year's standard. Rob needs to listen to what his riders want, rather than what track conditions he wants to produce.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gringo said:

As Scunny have priority over Friday nights, we gave a Friday night up to come and race at your place.. Why should we have cancelled it?? Get over it and stop moaning about it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Was the track so great this year?  Myself, other fans and some of the riders themselves think the track has not been up to previous year's standard. Rob needs to listen to what his riders want, rather than what track conditions he wants to produce.

It's listening to what the riders want that has lead to most tracks becoming boring and processional.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

As Scunny have priority over Friday nights, we gave a Friday night up to come and race at your place.. Why should we have cancelled it?? Get over it and stop moaning about it

I was just joking.

We have no animosity with Scunthorpe.

7 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Is MPT riding?

No - injured his back and R/R being used. Obviously harms the Bears chances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foamfence said:

It's listening to what the riders want that has lead to most tracks becoming boring and processional.

We don't have a team of gaters, but rather a team of racers that like to ride the fence. On many occasions this season we have not had an outside line. That is where we have missed a trick . Perhaps the track curator should go to the after meeting riders get together and listen to what his team riders think of the track.

44 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

We don't have a team of gaters, but rather a team of racers that like to ride the fence. On many occasions this season we have not had an outside line. That is where we have missed a trick . Perhaps the track curator should go to the after meeting riders get together and listen to what his team riders think of the track.

Are you sure that he doesn't or that messages aren't passed on from management and above? Most riders like an easy to ride track and don't give a hoot about what things look like from the other side of the fence.

I go to the club after the meeting & it was the meeting after the heroics of Ayres at the British Final when some of the riders passed comment that if there was a bit more dirt, they could attack it more. As I walked round the track later, Rob was on track in the tractor & I shouted out that the riders wanted a bit more dirt(jokingly). He shouted back saying something like "I sort the track so it's up to them to race on it". Probably a joking, maybe sarcastic reply, which was laughed off by us. The next meeting, there seemed to be a bit more dirt which caught the riders out, chasing new setups, which they also commented on after this meeting.

I have said this before on previous threads that it seems a hard job to get the right weather, the right moisture & the right amount on to a track to make it the same or similar every week/fortnight. Some you win, some you lose.

• Like 1