British Speedway Forum
Mark

Confirmed GP dates 2020

Landshut/Germany, I heard rumours that they are thinking about entering SGP .... ? IMO interesting venue, track seems to be gaters paradise but could be improved, Landshut lovely oldtown, Munich not far away ....

Only 4 dates known so far.      Any thoughts on the dates for 6 more and SON ?

On 10/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, Navigator1900 said:

Landshut/Germany, I heard rumours that they are thinking about entering SGP .... ? IMO interesting venue, track seems to be gaters paradise but could be improved, Landshut lovely oldtown, Munich not far away ....

BELIEVE Teterow have a contract for 2020... crap track but the crowd was okay and they celebrate the 100th anniversary of racing at their famous circuit. Think the date is May 30.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BELIEVE Teterow have a contract for 2020... crap track but the crowd was okay and they celebrate the 100th anniversary of racing at their famous circuit. Think the date is May 30.

As I posted earlier in the thread. The FIM inspected the track and gave it an international license for a further 3 years. It doesn’t though specifically say it has a contract for the SGP for a further 3 years. The promoter though seems to think that is the case and seems would like to host the GP on the same weekend as the Bergring grass track meeting in future, beyond 2020

https://www.nordkurier.de/sportnachrichten/bergring-arena-erhaelt-guetesiegel-vom-motorsport-weltverband-0436631909.html?fbclid=IwAR2ZrSwu-ua9oUF3i4LSjWUbqrzN7joK61Hg7oMnHn42-Ik8Z-fVpxWcuh4

15 hours ago, Trap4 said:

ive not seen a date for torun next year,anybody have any idea ?

3rd October?

On 10/10/2019 at 6:57 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

That date has been on the GP website for some time.      https://www.speedwaygp.com/calendar

4 dates confirmed are for Warsaw, Prague, Cardiff and Teterow

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Toruń is likely for October 3 looking at the hotel prices ;)

This GP has been held the first Saturday in October since 2015.  

56 minutes ago, Mark said:

This GP has been held the first Saturday in October since 2015.  

I know :) this year was my 8th time in a row.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, Mark said:

Only 4 dates known so far.      Any thoughts on the dates for 6 more and SON ?

I thought someone had said SoN finals at NSS Manchester at the end of May? Can someone confirm the likelihood of this?

1 minute ago, Col said:

I thought someone had said SoN finals at NSS Manchester at the end of May? Can someone confirm the likelihood of this?

The date was mentioned by one person but not confirmed

1 hour ago, Col said:

BEGINNING of May more likely