British Speedway Forum
Mark

Confirmed GP dates 2020

With this seasons  proposed Australian GP at Ipswich not  going ahead does that mean that we are unlikely to see a Aussie GP in the near future.  Certainly would love to see another GP from down under as long as it  the opening round (and never the finale) .

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, racers and royals said:

If the SON is early in 2020 i wouldn`t be surprised to see it back to 11 GP`s next season.

Why not wipe your face and bin the  beans that were left... :lol:

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Blooming Finnish humour- i haven`t a clue what you are on about :)

Egg involved I think

Wouldn't mind letting Västervik having a go for a GP (instead of Målilla). 

8 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

DO they want one?

The Speedway World Cup semi final from Västervik a few years ago had some brilliant racing but generally prefer racing at Målilla to Hallstavik out of the two recent Swedish GP venues.  Both are better than Vetlanda which is the worst Swedish track.  Admittedly only ever watched on TV, the only live Speedway I've seen in Sweden was the world final at Ullevi in 1991.

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DO they want one?

I don't know, probably not.

7 hours ago, Col said:

The Speedway World Cup semi final from Västervik a few years ago had some brilliant racing but generally prefer racing at Målilla to Hallstavik
out of the two recent Swedish GP venues.  Both are better than Vetlanda which is the worst Swedish track.  Admittedly only ever watched on TV,
the only live Speedway I've seen in Sweden was the world final at Ullevi in 1991.

I agree that Målilla is much better then Hallstavik but GP at both Målilla and Västervik will not happen since they are too closely situated geographically.

25 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOW good (or bad) is the Vetlanda track these days?

More or less the same as always.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, Ghostwalker said:

Whats wrong with Eskilstuna for a GP?

Edited by eric i

On 10/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, eric i said:

Whats wrong with Eskilstuna for a GP?

I wrote a longer reply 1-2 years ago as to why I don't think Eskilstuna would be a good arena for a GP,  can't find it now though.
Basically not the greatest race track, very limited parking facilities, only one (narrow) access road, probably wouldn't attract substantial enough spectators
(despite have a very good locations geographically) in the same as the previous GP:s there. They also don't have track covers.