British Speedway Forum
Mark

Confirmed GP dates 2020

Why cant they go back to the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm. Better size than the Friends arena which is just too big. The GP I went to in 2004 was outstanding 

18 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Why cant they go back to the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm. Better size than the Friends arena which is just too big. The GP I went to in 2004 was outstanding 

It's not possible.

The Olympic stadium had it's athletics tracks refurbished in 2011-2012 and it is no longer allowed to cover the tracks with gravel/dirt. I don't remember
the exact reason/phrasing but it was something like that.

30 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

It's not possible.

The Olympic stadium had it's athletics tracks refurbished in 2011-2012 and it is no longer allowed to cover the tracks with gravel/dirt. I don't remember

Pretty sure you have suggested the Tele 2 arena also in Stockholm as an alternative to the Friends arena in the past https://www.tele2arena.se/

44 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

It's not possible.

Thats a real shame. Although like all these things if it was the right money I bet they would put some shale over that running track!

Wikipedia says: It is decided that Tele2 Arena will be the national stadium of Swedish speedway and american football.[8]

Edited by RPNY

22 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Thats a real shame. Although like all these things if it was the right money I bet they would put some shale over that running track!

Wikipedia says: It is decided that Tele2 Arena will be the national stadium of Swedish speedway and american football.[8]

ALSO, it doesn't have a roof. 

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

It's not possible.

Ullevi also closed for speedway after running track was redone. Then after some years they had Monster trucks there. Go figure.

3 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

I wrote a longer reply 1-2 years ago as to why I don't think Eskilstuna would be a good arena for a GP,  can't find it now though.
Basically not the greatest race track, very limited parking facilities, only one (narrow) access road, probably wouldn't attract substantial enough spectators
(despite have a very good locations geographically) in the same as the previous GP:s there. They also don't have track covers.

Isn't it still a better alternative to Rospiggarna? I bet crowd and racing would be better.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, eric i said:

Isn't it still a better alternative to Rospiggarna? I bet crowd and racing would be better.

Meh. I don't know, probably wouldn't be a big difference regarding crowd size and racing quality.Previous GP:s att Eskilstuna wasn't that
attractive from a spectator point of view, didn't really attract any larger crowds.

May 16 – PZM Warsaw SGP of Poland – Warsaw

May 30 – German SGP – Teterow

June 13 – Czech SGP – Prague

July 18 – Adrian Flux British SGP – Cardiff

July 25 – Swedish SGP – Hallstavik

August 1 – Betard Wroclaw SGP of Poland – Wroclaw

August 15 – Scandinavian SGP – Malilla, Sweden

August 29 – Russian SGP – Togliatti

September 12 – Danish SGP sponsored by ECCO – Vojens

October 3 – Revline Torun SGP of Poland – Torun

• Like 1

So there's a gap for a month between Prague and Cardiff. Sounds good so far...

On 11/3/2019 at 9:35 AM, f-s-p said:

So there's a gap for a month between Prague and Cardiff. Sounds good so far...

SoN, probably.

Farewell to Krsko!