British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Redcar v eastbourne koc semi finals 6/7 sept

A battle of 2 teams with injury issues it seems. I presume wright is out concussion and is there a doubt over toft ?  

EAstbourne have slight doubt over kennett and god knows who will be at reserve, if humes not allowed i hope its dan gilkes ( hoped it was him last week tho )

Lets hope the weather plays fair and we get 2 good meetings , whoever goes thru must be favs to win the cup really

Dan Gilks looked a class act round Kent on Monday.  I would rate him only just behind Hume and Morley ,,with I expect plenty of improvement to come.an excellent prospect who looks ready for the Championship...

Teams for Friday (assuming Toft is fit) taken from Bears press release

Redcar: Jake Allen, Kasper Andersen, Michael Palm Toft, Jordan Stewart, Erik Riss, Tom Woolley, Nathan Greaves

Eastbourne: Edward Kennett, r/r for Georgie Wood, Kyle Newman, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Danny Phillips, Jason Edwards

Good choice of guest for Charles Wright - Jake Allen scored 13+1 from 5 rides when he rode for Scunny at Redcar earlier in the season

If Toft is out (I hope he isn't) and the Bears go for R/R, would it make a difference to use Allen as a guest for Toft instead of Wright?  Or would it make no difference. Allen could cover for either.

Danny Phillips really ,,Eastbourne are   Weak at reserve now surely they could have done better....

13 hours ago, waco said:

Dan Gilks looked a class act round Kent on Monday.  I would rate him only just behind Hume and Morley ,,with I expect plenty of improvement to come.an excellent prospect who looks ready for the Championship...

Gilkes was also class around Leicester last Saturday.

First time I have seen him, very fast and never out of control on a track which catches many inexperienced riders out.

Definitely one to watch.

• Like 1

I cant believe eastbournes savvy management haven't at least used gilkes for the home leg, they've got a mountain to climb really.

Redcar look considerably weaker without Wright and possibly MPT so this match is in the balance. Eastbourne doing themselves no favours by having Phillips guest at Redcar, obviously a financial decision which shows the state of the sport. I think Redcar will need at least a fifteen point advantage from the home leg and I don't see that happening without those two but I do hope it's an all north east final. Then I'll get to see it.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Adam Ellis guesting for the Bears at Eastbourne. 

Eagles using the same team in both legs.

Good guest, Ellis is usually Excellent around Arlington.

18 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

If Toft is out (I hope he isn't) and the Bears go for R/R, would it make a difference to use Allen as a guest for Toft instead of Wright?  Or would it make no difference. Allen could cover for either.

Not sure it's possible as teams are declared. 

Ellis is a great shout for the Bears - former Eagle knows his way around Arlington.

The hole Wood leaves at no.2 is huge - r/r the reserve pairing is not strong enough to cover his rides - his rides were worth 4+1 and most of those were gifted. 

Eagles will need to keep it within 8 points for any chance ... 

Car Parking

We will have additional parking available at the Iron Works MX for Fridays KO Cup Semi-Final against Eastbourne. The entrance is situated within our existing car park and can accommodate over 200 vehicles. This will involve a short walk back down to the Media Prima Arena. 

This has been organised as there is a major event taking place this weekend at Teesside Karting. We ask that anybody parking within the MX car park is respectful of our neighbours; please do not enter the MX track or leave litter behind. 

Cars must vacate the MX car park no later than 10.30pm and can return to the Speedway car park if people wish to remain behind in the bar.