British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Redcar v eastbourne koc semi finals 6/7 sept

8 minutes ago, Gringo said:

The sooner we get back to Thursday night racing the better.

Very unlikely, unless one big league comes in.

28 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Why? You're a Berwick fan so it shouldn't affect you. Sounds like more space is available than normal so that's a good thing isn't it?

Doubt the current promotion will want to return to Thursday's with a reported increase in yougsters attending on Fridays meaning takings are up , especially in the bar! But it's all speculation till the Mafia decide their next cunning move to save speedway.

32 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I would say that Redcar's crowds haven't change with the swap, infact I'd guess they are up, but that could be down to the better league position.

10 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Why? You're a Berwick fan so it shouldn't affect you. Sounds like more space is available than normal so that's a good thing isn't it?

Doubt the current promotion will want to return to Thursday's with a reported increase in yougsters attending on Fridays meaning takings are up , especially in the bar! But it's all speculation till the Mafia decide their next cunning move to save speedway.

I live in Billingham.

I have been a Teessiders/Tigers/Bears supporter since 1970.

13 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

I would say that Redcar's crowds haven't change with the swap, infact I'd guess they are up, but that could be down to the better league position.

I only mentioned a return to Thursday nights,because we have another clash of fixtures with the Karting tomorrow night.

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yet you list your team as Berwick???

I am a supporter of both teams.

I may have been drunk when I filled in my profile.

Edited by Gringo

51 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Make your mind up. Either they haven't changed or there up.

When I have visited they appear around the same as the previous two seasons ( not the Havelock sparse crowd  era) Very healthy compared to Newcastle, Berwick and Edinburgh but with more youngsters attending than previous Thursday racing ( kids ) who get free entry.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight

5 hours ago, Hackett said:

Ellis is a great shout for the Bears - former Eagle knows his way around Arlington.

The hole Wood leaves at no.2 is huge - r/r the reserve pairing is not strong enough to cover his rides - his rides were worth 4+1 and most of those were gifted. 

Eagles will need to keep it within 8 points for any chance ... 

Wood useless away though big fat 0 last time he went to Redcar, Newman + Edwards (excellent there) can have 3 rides as R/R so could easily be 6 or 7 points away that Wood wouldn't have got.

With Bowtell average so low not much scope for reserve Guests and quite possible Len won't let Gilkes ride in CL with NDL play off's looming and so many injuries to his Kent team including Gilkes, this season! 

On 9/4/2019 at 5:52 PM, cheekycobra said:

If Toft is out (I hope he isn't) and the Bears go for R/R, would it make a difference to use Allen as a guest for Toft instead of Wright?  Or would it make no difference. Allen could cover for either.

Looks like MPT  must be OK after his injury on Monday as he is top scoring as a guest for Peterborough tonight with 8 from 3 rides so far. Hope he can do that for the Bears over the next 3 nights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yet you list your team as Berwick???

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

easy to change it you know

Since he moved from reserve to no. 2, Wood has scored 0, 3, 1, 0, and 0 in away meetings.

At home he's only ridden twice at 2, scoring 10+2 against Glasgow in the shield semi, and 5 against Redcar in the league.

Arguably we're probably better off with R/R away, and given the circumstances of the Glasgow meeting I'm not convinced that it's representative of his ability at home. 

23 hours ago, Gringo said:

That's okay you can follow more than 1 team I used to go to Edinburgh on a Friday then Berwick on a Saturday the bigger picture is you are a speedway supporter which is what need.