British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Redcar v eastbourne koc semi finals 6/7 sept

For the neutral thats about the best score possible. If somebody put a gun to my head i feel woods absence at home may just tip the scales redcars way. Be a corking atmosphere down in the woods tomo night tho 

50-40. Game on..

without Wright, no - with him, yes. So its a no from me. Could have done with more from the guest and MPT

Bears obviously missed Charles - Allen gave it all he had but didn't get the points haul that Wright would have. Eastbourne were down a couple of riders too and that may affect them more tomorrow on their home track.

Tense meeting where gating was at a premium but still a few good races. Lawson good and  Kennett & Kerr blew hot and cold. Phillips will be more popular in Eastbourne than he is on Tyneside.

For the Bears nice to see Jordan back to better form and Riss had 4 good gates out of 5. All the rest battled well.

Should be a nail biter tomorrow.

Edited by Yearbyred

45 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Bears obviously missed Charles - Allen gave it all he had but didn't get the points haul that Wright would have. Eastbourne were down a couple of riders too and that may affect them more tomorrow on their home track.

Tense meeting where gating was at a premium but still a few good races. Lawson good and  Kennett & Kerr blew hot and cold. Phillips will be more popular in Eastbourne than he is on Tyneside.

For the Bears nice to see Jordan back to better form and Riss had 4 good gates out of 5. All the rest battled well.

Agree with all of that to be honest. Allen was working his socks off, but no-one was realistically replace Charles scoring around the MPA. 

A lot of close, fast racing but not a great deal of passing. Good to see Stewart back to his best.

Lawson was again excellent for the Eagles, and Kennett started superbly. Kerr and Newman had their moments, and have to say probably best I have seen Phillips ride. Slightly disappointee in Edwards who has rode well here previously.

Tie is on a knife edge - good go either way. I think Eastbourne must now be favourites but you never know!

Good to see a good sized crowd again as well.

Last note, great to read the programme notes from Jitendra about the recent fan survey. Four pages of notes going into some detail around issues around facilities/rules/fixtures/press coverage. Great to have some transparent communication.

• Like 3

Shout out to Tom Wooly who did a great job in ht 11, leading Kennet for almost a lap, giving Riss a chance to build up a lead. Not afraid to mix it, and can hold his own. As to the rest of the team, all battled well good to see Jordon back on form, but we badly missed Charles. Would have liked a few more points, I was hoping for 14, so it could be a close finish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Dig deep Bears !!! You can do it !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M.D said:

50-40. Game on..

Sure is. I always thought, Eastbournes top 4, would score well enough, around Redcar, to keep it close. Eastbourne must be favourites now, with their home advantage, (not much of that at Redcar). Should still be close though. I have always said, that race track, against trick track (sorry technical track), trick track wins, on aggregate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, redlead said:

Shout out to Tom Wooly who did a great job in ht 11, leading Kennet for almost a lap, giving Riss a chance to build up a lead. Not afraid to mix it, and can hold his own. As to the rest of the team, all battled well good to see Jordon back on form, but we badly missed Charles. Would have liked a few more points, I was hoping for 14, so it could be a close finish.

Thats all T W needs a confident ride or 2 & he could be the key to Redcar winning team silverware this season,, well done kidda

We all said 10 points was the benchmark - any more made Bears favourites, any less Eagles on top - so all to play (ride) for in second leg.

I'm hoping Edwards poor form continues (can improve after tonight) that might just be the deciding factor, but ultimately I think it will be how the big boys do against each other 

Sorry to disagree with most here but 10 points is too many to make up. Eastbourne not scoring enough at reserve and running R/R will be too much.