British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Redcar v eastbourne koc semi finals 6/7 sept

1 hour ago, leander said:

How? The rules are clear and the same for everyone. Why should Eastbourne be any different?

Errrr, apparently they aren’t clear.

There is a ‘new rule’, not in the rule book, that has been used to prevent Eastbourne from using / signing Danyon Hume. I believe Eastbourne have appealed but, a week later, haven’t heard from the BSPA regarding this.

So, not so clear after all is it ?

Edited by woofers

Purely academic to the outcome of the meeting, but what’s the penalty for riding across the centre green ?

“5.4.4 No Motorcycle may be ridden on the Infield nor in the Pits (except the designated area)”

After being informed that he was excluded from Heat 15 for a second tapes offence, Riss rode across the centre green / infield before returning to the track on the backstraight and lining up off a 15 metre handicap.

Should he have been excluded from the race ?

16 minutes ago, woofers said:

There is a ‘new rule’, not in the rule book, that has been used to prevent Eastbourne from using / signing Danyon Hume. I believe Eastbourne have appealed but, a week later, haven’t heard from the BSPA regarding this.

You lost over 2 legs with the worst track in the history of British speedway,  we were better than you from the off its simple stop crying 

7 minutes ago, woofers said:

Purely academic to the outcome of the meeting, but what’s the penalty for riding across the centre green ?

“5.4.4 No Motorcycle may be ridden on the Infield nor in the Pits (except the designated area)”

After being informed that he was excluded from Heat 15 for a second tapes offence, Riss rode across the centre green / infield before returning to the track on the backstraight and lining up off a 15 metre handicap.

Didn't matter Eastbourne were already beaten on aggregate any way mighty bears came they saw they conquered,  anything else you want to whinge about while we are on , just a reminder in case you've forgotten KOCF REDCAR BEARS V NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 

With Wrighty back we are heavy favourites for the cup , can we make it a league and cup double to go with the 2 individual championships of Wrighty and Riss , happy days being a Bears fan at the minute 

1 hour ago, lukasdrymllukas said:

It should've been a corking atmosphere but in fact there is more atmosphere on Mars! What a shocking turnout/support for a big semi-final

Where was everybody? 

7 hours ago, woofers said:

Is that the same rule that stopped Redcar signing Wallinger?

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Watching England and the GP, probably.

Eastbourne been having excellent crowds probably as good as any in CL other than Glasgow - pics look like decent crowd again??

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Eastbourne been having excellent crowds probably as good as any in CL other than Glasgow - pics look like decent crowd again??

I thought the crowd was pretty decent. Not as big as i expected, but the live sport on TV must have had some impact.

Crowd was ok , atmosphere a bit muted due to the enormity of the task from ht 2 onwards

I’m all for riders stepping up and the higher league taking priority for the sake of their development but I can also see the sense in blocking signings late in the season if home race nights clash between CL and NL. 

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m all for riders stepping up and the higher league taking priority for the sake of their development but I can also see the sense in blocking signings late in the season if home race nights clash between CL and NL. 

I can see the argument but it should be in the rule book. The rule that has blocked Hume is not in the rule book.

11 hours ago, woofers said:

Must be one them same rules that stopped Bears signing Wallinger or having a guest or R/R for Riss riding in a German League fixture?

If you're not in the BSPA mafia, then don't expect any favours.

Congratulations to the Bears , will be great to have two north east teams in a cup final.

Saw the first leg at Redcar and thought this would be a tight affair.

For me the difference was Nathan Greaves who scores , strangely,  well away from home and his points made the difference when the pressure was on.

Eagles performed well but the heat leaders appear to be a little too inconsistent at times. That will always hinder you with weak second strings/ reserves.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight

12 hours ago, woofers said:

I think that was one of a couple of rules dropped this year. A fine is applied this year depending in which league he/she is racing in.