British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Redcar v eastbourne koc semi finals 6/7 sept

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I think that was one of a couple of rules dropped this year. A fine is applied this year depending in which league he/she is racing in.

A few weeks ago at King's Lynn i saw a rider go direct to the tapes in a clockwise direction. This used to be an exclusion, but no action was taken.

Some comments from Redcar promoter re Eastbourne which I thought were worth sharing. Hear a lot about the negative stuff so worth highlighting the good.

Duffill also had words of praise for Eastbourne after what has been an excellent two meetings: 

“It takes 2 teams to make a great meeting and I have a lot of respect for the Eastbourne team and their promotion who were excellent opposition and were nothing but gracious and complimentary in their defeat. We witnessed true sportsmanship this evening and I can’t thank them and their supporters enough for that.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KEITH M said:

I was there last night and I would of also put Kerr into heat 15 instead of Kennett 

It was Kerr and Lawson in ht 15 and got Eastbourne’s only 5-1 of the meeting.

Kennett didn’t look right maybe carrying injury.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Some comments from Redcar promoter re Eastbourne which I thought were worth sharing. Hear a lot about the negative stuff so worth highlighting the good.

Duffill also had words of praise for Eastbourne after what has been an excellent two meetings: 

“It takes 2 teams to make a great meeting and I have a lot of respect for the Eastbourne team and their promotion who were excellent opposition and were nothing but gracious and complimentary in their defeat. We witnessed true sportsmanship this evening and I can’t thank them and their supporters enough for that.”

I think Eagles got a real bum rap from the Cook and Lanning mafia after the now infamous brawl there. Having been there several times this season, I think Jittendra Duffills assessment is far more the reality than the storm that followed Glasgow.

Definitely a nice and welcoming venue and I look forward to Brummies 3rd trip of the season there at the end of the month. I understand that Brummies fans will have free admittance too as a generous mark of respect from the Eagles Management; for cancelling the planned match (coincidentally the infamous 3 August Glasgow match) at short notice on BSPA instructions - which cost some Brummies fans wasted hotel booking.  

3 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Two great meetings, both ridden in the right spirit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think Eagles got a real bum rap from the Cook and Lanning mafia after the now infamous brawl there.

Will be interesting to see what the verdict is on Craig Cook when his appeal is heard on Friday (according to Daily Star).

If he gets away without a ban, when Kennett and Vissing were both suspended, there will be uproar. 

I would add, if the appeal system works similarly to UK courts, if you lose an appeal you put yourself in jeopardy of getting a longer sentence than the original.

I will be glued to the screen on Friday waiting for news.

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Will be interesting to see what the verdict is on Craig Cook when his appeal is heard on Friday (according to Daily Star).

If he gets away without a ban, when Kennett and Vissing were both suspended, there will be uproar. 

I would add, if the appeal system works similarly to UK courts, if you lose an appeal you put yourself in jeopardy of getting a longer sentence than the original.

You'll still be stuck there a week later!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Two great meetings, both ridden in the right spirit.

Couldn't agree more.

The Eagles fans were fair and magnanimous in defeat.

I thought it was a  very good turnout of Redcar fans, given the distance involved and the fact that we had another away day today at Scunny.

to round it all off last night, it was a  Bears fan who won the £100 race day programme :)

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I believe the defence Cook has lined up is one based on a technicality and it wouldn't surprise me if he got off.  Perhaps due to how the events were dealt with on the night itself. Just a theory tho - would be risky to put the intricacies of it here tho really.

6 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I believe the defence Cook has lined up is one based on a technicality and it wouldn't surprise me if he got off.  Perhaps due to how the events were dealt with on the night itself. Just a theory tho - would be risky to put the intricacies of it here tho really.

that makes a lot more sense , i was told he was objecting to neil vatcher not having an unbiased opinion on what happened because of the close relationship with jon cook with the youth set-up and lakeside. i thought cookie must have lost the plot if he wasn't deliberately trying to get his ban doubled . rumours eh :rolleyes:

Was impressed with Redcar .... They signed a decent guest in Adam Ellis who knows the Arlington track well. Erik Riss was smooooth looked fast when he gated and appreciated just had to pick up points if in 2nd. Jordan Stewart did a solid job as did Kasper Andersen then with Greaves at reserve able to pick up points they were never in any serious danger of losing the fixture over two legs. They knew their jobs and all rose well ensuring to pick points up ... 

Eagles have been solid at home all season but losing Wood at Arlington and two junior reserves is never going to cover his points with r/r. 

This season was all about consolidation for the Eagles and ensuring their speedway future hopefully that is conformed then wait to see what the BPSA decides in the Winter - One league or two professional leagues.

4 hours ago, Hackett said:

Was impressed with Redcar .... They signed a decent guest in Adam Ellis who knows the Arlington track well. Erik Riss was smooooth looked fast when he gated and appreciated just had to pick up points if in 2nd. Jordan Stewart did a solid job as did Kasper Andersen then with Greaves at reserve able to pick up points they were never in any serious danger of losing the fixture over two legs. They knew their jobs and all rose well ensuring to pick points up ... 

Eagles have been solid at home all season but losing Wood at Arlington and two junior reserves is never going to cover his points with r/r. 

This season was all about consolidation for the Eagles and ensuring their speedway future hopefully that is conformed then wait to see what the BPSA decides in the Winter - One league or two professional leagues.

I think most neutrals will be rooting for Redcar in Play Offs and KOC and be nice to see Eastbourne win the Shield.

Both Clubs made good progress this season and promoted in right way. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 6:57 AM, foamfence said:

Is that the same rule that stopped Redcar signing Wallinger?

On 9/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Richard Weston said:

I can see the argument but it should be in the rule book. The rule that has blocked Hume is not in the rule book.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Must be one them same rules that stopped Bears signing Wallinger or having a guest or R/R for Riss riding in a German League fixture?

If you're not in the BSPA mafia, then don't expect any favours.

I don't know if it's the same rule that stopped Redcar signing Wallinger because I can't find any statement on the official Redcar website to say that they were trying to sign Wallinger and were prevented from doing so.

If that were the case then perhaps the BSPA (or Redcar) could have publicised the matter, and the rule, which would prevent other clubs from wasting time and effort.

Or would that be to sensible ?

Edited by woofers

2 hours ago, woofers said:

I don't know if it's the same rule that stopped Redcar signing Wallinger because I can't find any statement on the official Redcar website to say that they were trying to sign Wallinger and were prevented from doing so.

If that were the case then perhaps the BSPA (or Redcar) could have publicised the matter, and the rule, which would prevent other clubs from wasting time and effort.

Or would that be to sensible ?

Sensible? Not a word associated with the rules of speedway I'm afraid.

Doesnt have to be a ' rule ' the BSPA committee simply say ' no' and that's it , it seems.

Open knowledge at Plymouth and Redcar that it was a done deal until the Mafia said no, their reasoning being a Friday night track can't sign a rider from another Friday night track in a lower division and leave them short of a rider of that calibre as the selling club would have to use guests or R/R for the now absent rider as no suitable replacement was available, or some such none sense..

Not advertised as the move was not ' sanctioned ' so it never happened. The Mafia don't like to advertise their decisions incase of criticism.

Got to assume that the rest of the promoters from all divisions were advised of this in their copies of minutes of the management meetings, issued monthly, which just goes to show how good the communication is at the BSPA.