British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So looking at those rules you don't get a bonus point for drawing, 

Dunno tbh, who cares really... All I originally said was that speedway was the only sport where you get more points as an away team for drawing than a home team... Then BWitcher QC was all over me with insults

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Dunno tbh, who cares really... All I originally said was that speedway was the only sport where you get more points as an away team for drawing than a home team... Then BWitcher QC was all over me with insults

you only stated the facts 

13 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

There should be a system similar to the NBA. The bottom club should get to pick any 2 riders they want out of the entire league.

:rofl: How would that work:blink:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

:rofl: How would that work:blink:

They do it in the NBA. The bottom team gets the first two draft picks from the free agents.

It ensures a competitive league.

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

They do it in the NBA. The bottom team gets the first two draft picks from the free agents.

The riders are self employed. You can't make them ride for any team they don't want to. And then there is the wages. Some might be able to afford them, some can't. Will never work.

7 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Every team can draft pick riders from all the others teams in the league every week of the season now so no need to bring in any extra rules.. :D

It ensures a competitive league...:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

3 hours ago, iainb said:

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, 

You are wrong and have been told as such by several folk on the thread.

Neither is it 'ridiculous' as you claim it to be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

you only stated the facts 

He stated no facts. Just those irrelevant to the debate and his claim of a 'ridiculous' scoring system.

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The riders are self employed. You can't make them ride for any team they don't want to. And then there is the wages. Some might be able to afford them, some can't. Will never work.

Well they used to have rider control.

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, 

You are wrong and have been told as such by several folk on the thread.

Neither is it 'ridiculous' as you claim it to be.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

Every team can draft pick riders from all the others teams in the league every week of the season now so no need to bring in any extra rules.. :D

It ensures a competitive league...:rolleyes:

They do ..sadly thou people keep making fuss about it nowone  has ever come up with a better plan that understands the money side of the sport ..

As i see it !!

1      2 / 3 leagues set out on cost of running. Teams to join league on cost basics, Join November Agm.

2      Averages done away with, Swedish   A , B , C, D system adopted. ( D see below)

3      Squad system ?.  Top league name extra 2 (D) riders from lower league/s,  (9 riders per team)  , no transfers  at all unless teams        down to 6 riders  due to injury . R/R to come in only if rider availability  exhausted.

4      Match days as is.

5      Point system as is, ( if it aint broke don,t fix it)

6      Tracks prepared safely ( too many unsafe this season )

7      Online Channel / Buy live matches. 

8      Leagues not to be run by the Promoters !!                    

3 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

As i see it !!

1      2 / 3 leagues set out on cost of running. Teams to join league on cost basics, Join November Agm.

2      Averages done away with, Swedish   A , B , C, D system adopted. ( D see below)

3      Squad system ?.  Top league name extra 2 (D) riders from lower league/s,  (9 riders per team)  , no transfers  at all unless teams        down to 6 riders  due to injury . R/R to come in only if rider availability  exhausted.

4      Match days as is.

5      Point system as is, ( if it aint broke don,t fix it)

6      Tracks prepared safely ( too many unsafe this season )

7      Online Channel / Buy live matches. 

8      Leagues not to be run by the Promoters !!                    

I can see that being agreed in the bar one evening after a long day debating the options!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha 1