British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It quite clearly states:

"five points apiece if a match is drawn"

case closed

Cricket scenario simply explained. If teams draw they get 5 points. However unlike any other sport a draw does not mean both sides finished equally. It means they did not finish at all. In cricket if you finish equally it is a tie,  unlike snooker where a tie is what the players wear round their neck.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Cricket scenario simply explained. If teams draw they get 5 points. However unlike any other sport a draw does not mean both sides finished equally. It means they did not finish at all. In cricket if you finish equally it is a tie,  unlike snooker where a tie is what the players wear round their neck.

One can only hope BWitcher is having the same debate on the British Cricket Forum :rofl:

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

One can only hope BWitcher is having the same debate on the British Cricket Forum :rofl:

Like you said, let it go. You won’t get the time back and you’re best advised to rise above it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

He wasn't arguing in support of you, but against you.

Read on what happens when there is a tie...

Or indeed a tie-break..

There would be no such debate on a British Cricket Forum, unless there was someone making their own rules up.

Edited by BWitcher

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

League speedway is effectively 15 heats of Pairs racing. I think the race points in each heat should be 4;3;2;0 with a tactical substitution of a pair (2 riders) if a team goes 14 points down.:party:

I've always believed this is the way to go since it was introduced for the 84 pairs. (Got a kiss off Sammy Fox. Ahh memories!)

It would make riders take better care of their equipment, knowing they'll lose the heat if they stop...No tac subs though, never liked 'em.

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Like you said, let it go. You won’t get the time back and you’re best advised to rise above it.

There is no 'rising above' when you are wrong, have been told so, explained by multiple members of the forum, yet continue to troll and throw insults.

Rising above is holding your hands up, saying I got this one wrong and moving on.

27 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There is no 'rising above' when you are wrong, have been told so, explained by multiple members of the forum, yet continue to troll and throw insults.

Rising above is holding your hands up, saying I got this one wrong and moving on.

Go to bed

7 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Your points system in British League speedway is well and truely unique. I don't like it. No other speedway league in the rest of the world needs such a complex points system. 

I'd recommend You to adopt the Polish League system as much as is possible. It is simple and it works perfectly well.

All their tracks are similar, ours aren't, hence our points system, it's fair ....

Maybe instead of helmet covers they could "Tron" the bikes up with the use of LED's, red, blue, white, yellow/green

That could look quite spectacular for little cost

On 9/6/2019 at 10:09 PM, Bavarian said:

Your points system in British League speedway is well and truely unique. I don't like it. No other speedway league in the rest of the world needs such a complex points system. 

I'd recommend You to adopt the Polish League system as much as is possible. It is simple and it works perfectly well.

Has the complex scoring system for league points actually altered anything in the final table? Would positions change in the table if it were two points for a win, one for a draw? If not, why be complicated?

Edited by moxey63

On 9/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, topaz325 said:

Electric speedway bikes.....it’s the future:D

Electricity and bikes probably, sadly not too sure about speedway.

15 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Has the complex scoring system for league points actually altered anything in the final table? Would positions change in the table if it were two points for a win, one for a draw? If not, why be complicated?

It isn't complicated.

Whether it alters the league table isn't really the point, it's a system that actually... for once.. offers better value to the paying spectator as they get more meaningful races in more meetings.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

It isn't complicated.

And it makes more meetings more interesting for longer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It isn't complicated.

Whether it alters the league table isn't really the point, it's a system that actually... for once.. offersbetter value to the paying spectator as they get more meaningful races in more meetings.

I know you like disagreeing with people, BWitcher, but how does it offer better value and more meaningful races? The league table stays the same, so fans are being sold an empty bottle of fresh air.

• Like 1