British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Eastbourne laid on subsidised admission for the travelling Leicester fans last night. The Lions are doing likewise today.

Great news City quite along old Jaunt out that,   when the weather is good Eastie is a nice day out do they still use there Claxon City.??

52 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great news City quite along old Jaunt out that,   when the weather is good Eastie is a nice day out do they still use there Claxon City.??

No claxon Sid, those days are gone. I'm a regular at Eastie, only 75mins drive door to door for me. The crowds have been good this season, hovering around the thousand mark.

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No claxon Sid, those days are gone. I'm a regular at Eastie, only 75mins drive door to door for me. The crowds have been good this season, hovering around the thousand mark.

Good crowds then great to see City!!! Eastbourne along with the Isle of Wight are really moving with the times excellent on the media side of thing's. Both are  modern run tracks unlike me stuck in a time warp !!!!! i would love both clubs to move up in due course highly unlikely though.

Next season is 8 team top flight. Eurosport. And they are paying for it. Not Sky type money but more than BT pay. 

That's a shame,,, a 10 to 12 team league sounded much better,

If eurosport are running other stuff late,, then they will miss the speedway 

Edited by Baldyman

Eight teams still not enough really. 

Hopefully Eurosport will insist on team kevlars and bike covers across the board. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Hopefully Eurosport will insist on team kevlars and bike covers across the board. 

Why not? It's enough in Poland and Sweden.

Personally I'm happy with 14 home fixtures.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acef said:

Why not? It's enough in Poland and Sweden.

Personally I'm happy with 14 home fixtures.

Not enough variety. Poland and Sweden don’t ride everyone twice home and away. 

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Wonder which club is supposed to be  moving up, will it be another Buster club ? 

Somerset look very likely now and maybe Sheffield depending on the new owners there. 

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Busters Brummies does have a ring to it 

Now that sounds like a great National franchise! Buster's Witches, Buster's Panthers. Buster's Stars, Buster's Lions and even Buster's Tigers X 2. Bound to get a mega sponsor ( or does he have one for that plan already? ) And now is it to be Buster's Rebels? Certain to end up as Buster's Busted.

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Eurosport couldn't give a toss, it's all about filling up airtime for them

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Somerset look very likely now and maybe Sheffield depending on the new owners there. 

If Somerset and Sheffield did both move up then its odds on Peterborough will fill one of the vacated Championship places which brings the total to 8 teams, would this be enough for Eurosport, at least Eurosport can i think be aired on sky with the sports package.