British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

With the season nearly over in November there has to be discussion and changes will it happen though.? I am not hopeful to be honest i hope i am wrong the three thing's i would like to see happen are.      1./ at least 10 teams in the Premiership ( pref 12) 2./ Premiership and Championship teams to have at least one young Brit at reserve.     3/.Riders to have one average only including bonus points  not a rolling average changing only at the last day of every month any thoughts.!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

With the season nearly over in November there has to be discussion and changes will it happen though.? I am not hopeful to be honest i hope i am wrong the three thing's i would like to see happen are.      1./ at least 10 teams in the Premiership ( pref 12) 2./ Premiership and Championship teams to have at least one young Brit at reserve.     3/.Riders to have one average only including bonus points  not a rolling average changing only at the last day of every month any thoughts.!!

More teams and British reserves with no foreign ringers are a must for me. 

From a Swindon point of view, if we don't name Doyley first and build down then it will be another massive mistake like 2018. Hopefully Rosco has learned the lesson, you don't bin the league's best rider especially when he wants to ride for us.

.I like to see the bonus point back  over two legs why that was dropped I never know lets be honest chapman saved the premiership this season cant see it happening again . one league must clearly be on the agenda .do I hold out of much progress im afraid no hoped  to be proved wrong though 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 4

Whilst I see the logic in fixed race days I think it has been a massive mistake, as it has deprived teams of traditional home nights and has had a massive effect on availability of guests to cover for injuries

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

I like to see the bonus point back  over two legs why that was dropped I never know lets be honest chapman saved the premiership this season cant see it happening again . one league must clearly be on the agenda .do I hold out of much progress im afraid no hoped to be proved wrong though 

I fear Peterborough will be the victims of this years Chapman master plan

35 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I dont think anything will change there but they will have a better teams 

As for the bigger picture i think two leagues but one average for each league and rider can ride in both league if they wish and finally we need promotion and team going down aswell .

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

More teams and British reserves with no foreign ringers are a must for me. 

From a Swindon point of view, if we don't name Doyley first and build down then it will be another massive mistake like 2018. Hopefully Rosco has learned the lesson, you don't bin the league's best rider especially when he wants to ride for us.

Totally agree with you on Doyley,  you build your team around him i do think when Doyley had his 2018 year at Somerset that was all down to finance.I like the top five team build, 

then all you are hoping to do is find a gem to put at reserve.Rasmus now has really give us a nice 2020 team building headache to who we keep for our 2020 team for me Doyley/ Perks would be my fist declared.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I’d like to see AGM proposals for speedway to live within its means and offer better value for money for fans.

That’s got to be the only formula that gives speedway a future, rather than propping up the current failing venture.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

It could be Ipswich's turn next year if Louis doesnt take back full control as he wont let Lynn go under.

Maybe he will put money into Sheffield to replace Peterborough to keep the sinking premiership ship just afloat for another season.

A 3xdivision regional set-up has certainly been discussed at the BSPA table. Not sure what level (points limit?) it would be at and not sure if its still seen to be a viable option?

I would like:-

1) a home meeting every week.

2) away team to visit once only per season.

3) no double-up riders.

4) less gardening at the gate!

5) a heat structure that ensures heat leaders achieve a higher average.

6) riders to adapt machinery to weather conditions AND RIDE.

7) in the event of r/r a #8 to be named and given at least one ride.

8) yellow/black helmet colour to return.

9) first race to start prompt at advertised start time.

10) a points system that allows a League Table to be understood.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I would like:-

1) a home meeting every week.

2) away team to visit once only per season.

3) no double-up riders.

4) less gardening at the gate!

5) a heat structure that ensures heat leaders achieve a higher average.

6) riders to adapt machinery to weather conditions AND RIDE.

7) in the event of r/r a #8 to be named and given at least one ride.

8) yellow/black helmet colour to return.

9) first race to start prompt at advertised start time.

10) a points system that allows a League Table to be understood.

Great ideas good luck !!!!!

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think Ipswich have more turn up whatever type of supporters than Peterborough. 

Promoters who think fans will turn up every week and watch their team lose more often than not are playing a dangerous game.

Peterborough fans generally will support a competitive team, I am not convinced that what league they are in (Premiership or Championship) is that important.

We do have Supporters who turn up every week regardless of results but success or not does affect our attendance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ray c said:

.I like to see the bonus point back  over two legs why that was dropped I never know lets be honest chapman saved the premiership this season cant see it happening again . one league must clearly be on the agenda .do I hold out of much progress im afraid no hoped  to be proved wrong though 

Agreed with the bonus point... I just can't get my head around the current league point scoring system, never have been able to. Can never remember whether it's 6 or more than 6 to get or lose the extra point and an away draw getting more than a home draw is just ridiculous

• Like 4