British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

I would like the following: - 

- An 11/12 team premiership, 1 home & 1 away fixture. Fed up of seeing the same team twice in a season. Doesn't happen in any other league.

- 1 Brit U21 rider at reserve. Bring these boys on, we have some very talented youngsters coming through. Give them a platform to preform on.

- 42.5 team limit, don't reduce this down & we should be looking to encourage riders back, not restrict this. JD said in the Swindon programme last Thursday that Sweden is on the decline & it's time for the Uk to take advantage.

- Limit the number of team changes per season/or changes can only be made because of injury. Too many sides made changes for the sake of it.

- Do away with the TV deal & perhaps follow what the football league does with ifollow. Stream meetings at a cost on the clubs website.  £10-£15 per meeting. I think most would pay £10 to watch their team away from home. Could you geo block it so that you can only watch away meeting's & therefore still keep the crowds coming through the turnstiles for home meetings.

Edited by hyabb17

Definitely more teams, 16 if possible, knock-out cup, regular fixtures on regular nights.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ray c said:

.I like to see the bonus point back  over two legs why that was dropped I never know lets be honest chapman saved the premiership this season cant see it happening again . one league must clearly be on the agenda .do I hold out of much progress im afraid no hoped  to be proved wrong though 

I think the ‘new’ scoring system is one of the best (only good?) ideas that the authorities have come up with, works really well for me but they need to go back to making home teams win by seven to get their three points. 

If we are going to have a top division again it needs two or three additions, seven clubs just doesn’t work. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the ‘new’ scoring system is one of the best (only good?) ideas that the authorities have come up with, works really well for me but they need to go back to making home teams win by seven to get their three points. 

If we are going to have a top division again it needs two or three additions, seven clubs just doesn’t work. 

Liked the idea of home win more than 6  3 points

home win by 1-6 home team 2 points away team 1 point

or bring back the bonus point for aggregate score. 

lets be honest the drawing system for a draw is a farce the home team drew the meeting and then lost the meeting on points ugh 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

lets be honest the drawing system for a draw is a farce the home team drew the meeting and then lost the meeting on points ugh 

The scoring system in British Speedway is the best thing the BSPA have ever come up with. The system keeps meetings alive far longer than the standard system 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The scoring system in British Speedway is the best thing the BSPA have ever come up with. The system keeps meetings alive far longer than the standard system 

a draw is a draw :D

1 minute ago, ray c said:

a draw is a draw :D

Effectively both teams get a point for the draw. It's just the away side get another for having not lost  by more than 6

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ray c said:

.I like to see the bonus point back  over two legs why that was dropped I never know lets be honest chapman saved the premiership this season cant see it happening again . one league must clearly be on the agenda .do I hold out of much progress im afraid no hoped  to be proved wrong though 

Because it was a flawed system and replaced by one that WAS much better.

However, they ruined that when they took away only getting 2pts for winning by 6 or less at home.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Because it was a flawed system and replaced by one that WAS much better.

However, they ruined that when they took away only getting 2pts for winning by 6 or less at home.

My thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Agreed with the bonus point... I just can't get my head around the current league point scoring system, never have been able to. Can never remember whether it's 6 or more than 6 to get or lose the extra point and an away draw getting more than a home draw is just ridiculous

The only ridiculous thing is someone 'not being able to get their head around' something that simple.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Is there any other sport that awards the loser points?  It's to keep the meeting alive people say, are there any other sports that do something to keep the match/game/meeting/race alive? 

Certain things about speedway completely suck in my opinion, and the scoring is one of them things. 

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The only ridiculous thing is someone 'not being able to get their head around' something that simple.

Thanks for your feedback... so you think that an away team getting more points than a home team for a team is not ridiculous?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Thanks for your feedback... so you think that an away team getting more points than a home team for a team is not ridiculous?

Why is it ridiculous?

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is there any other sport that awards the loser points?  It's to keep the meeting alive people say, are there any other sports that do something to keep the match/game/meeting/race alive? 

Certain things about speedway completely suck in my opinion, and the scoring is one of them things. 

Yes there are other sports where the 'loser' gets pts.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2