British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

Eurosport is part of the sky sport package, but if you want to watch the gp's then you still need BT sport. 

23 minutes ago, LesR said:

Eurosport is part of the sky sport package, but if you want to watch the gp's then you still need BT sport. 

Maybe or maybe not from next year

BT's GP coverage is a totally seperate contract to that for domestic speedway. Its with different organisations for starters.

Oh well for the best part of an hour thought i was going to see some speedway on my Tv next season but seems not never mind 

6 hours ago, LesR said:

I’m sure Eurosport is part of Sky’s Entertainment Package. 

• Like 1

The rumor i have heard is ten teams to run in Premiership Monday and Thursday

Ten teams in the Championship not Premiership nights

National league to run as a development league

1 hour ago, Suffolkpunch said:

That would leave the National League in a sorry state.  If two teams move up, and with Cradley and Stoke not running next year, there'd only be four teams left, and two of those would be the 'junior' sides of Leicester and Belle Vue.

11 hours ago, Suffolkpunch said:

So, only the numbers involved have changed, if this turns out to be the case. Fixed nights for PL matches will continue to strangle UK speedway. Not enough customers want those nights and are prepared to turn up and pay. But Hey Ho, why let that spoil a "good plan". Unless televised matches are to be a tenner or less to watch in the stadium there is no point in showing a moribund sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

So, only the numbers involved have changed, if this turns out to be the case. Fixed nights for PL matches will continue to strangle UK speedway. Not enough customers want those nights and are prepared to turn up and pay. But Hey Ho, why let that spoil a "good plan". Unless televised matches are to be a tenner or less to watch in the stadium there is no point in showing a moribund sport.

I wonder if that means 18 home and 18 away difficult to fit 12 home and 12 away at the moment its sounds good  meeting wise more and more double up as well

Edited by ray c

11 hours ago, Buttons said:

This is Dated 31st January 2017 !!

Oooops!  However, it does show that there were, and probably still, is ways how watching Eurosport other then Sky and BT

39 minutes ago, ray c said:

I wonder if that means 18 home and 18 away difficult to fit 12 home and 12 away at the moment its sounds good  meeting wise more and more double up as well

Why is so difficult to fit in so many meetings?. I just looked at Sheffield archives section for 2006. They had 33 matches at Owlerton that year.