British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

1 hour ago, double_O said:

18.6 TEAM COMPOSITION

18.6.1 A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.

As usual you are wrong!!!!!!

The 1 rider over 8 point rule is in the 2019 regulations

I think he meant that there is no 8 point rule apart from that one.... :D

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

the 8point rule was scrapped last season 

No it wasn't!

16 hours ago, double_O said:

Why would Belle Vue and Kings Lynn have to make a "serious decision" over their Number 1s.

Kings Lynn have no rider over 8 points and Belle Vue just the 1.

So you are sh*t stirring as usual and failing miserably.

In the latest official GSA's  (Issue 24 - 18/9/19)both BV and KL have more than one 8 point rider, as do Swindon. In fact in the last KL programme v Poole, both Lambert and Cook are listed as 8 pointers.

Edited by Skidder1

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No it wasn't!

In the latest official GSA's  (Issue 24 - 18/9/19)both BV and KL have more than one 8 point rider, as do Swindon. In fact in the last KL programme v Poole, both Lambert and Cook are listed as 8 pointers.

Cook and Lambert are under an 8pt average.

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No it wasn't!

Only till 1st October.

lambert 7.81

Cook 7.78

in fact only Fricke, Doyle and Batchelor have averages over 8 from October.

Edited by stevebrum
Added info

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Only till 1st October.

lambert 7.81

Cook 7.78

Apologies. The averages have been updated again for October 1st. I had'nt seen those when I posted yesterday - too much going on with the play-offs!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Only till 1st October.

lambert 7.81

Cook 7.78

With the team average of 46.3 from Oct 1 and with two riders over 8 points, if the limit stays at 42.5 or gets reduced and the one rider over 8 rule stays Swindon are going to have to get rid of a few good riders.   

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

With the team average of 46.3 from Oct 1 and with two riders over 8 points, if the limit stays at 42.5 or gets reduced and the one rider over 8 rule stays Swindon are going to have to get rid of a few good riders.   

It will all come down to what the points limit for next year will be I guess. But it looks like Swindon might be one of the worst hit.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It will all come down to what the points limit for next year will be I guess. But it looks like Swindon might be one of the worst hit.

So you can guarantee they will want Nick Morris back

55 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

May want him back but a rider will ride where he wants

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

May want him back but a rider will ride where he wants

Somerset then?!:party: To join a strong Aussie contingent for 2020?

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yea I reckon so too.

Speedway needs a radical and ruthless overhaul and a huge financial investment to rebrand and relaunch the sport....not tinkering and fiddled about with averages and one over 8, helmet cover colours, gardening  at the tapes etc etc. they've done this and dumbed down the sport for a decade or too in a race to the bottom! Will things change? NO to late as sadly the sport has been driven over a cliff by clueless promoters, speedway is bust and I fear there’s no way back. The people running the sport have proved, as if fans didn’t no, that they do not have the capability! 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Speedway needs a radical and ruthless overhaul and a huge financial investment to rebrand and relaunch the sport....not tinkering and fiddled about with averages and one over 8, helmet cover colours, gardening  at the tapes etc etc. they've done this and dumbed down the sport for a decade or too in a race to the bottom! Will things change? NO to late as sadly the sport has been driven over a cliff by clueless promoters, speedway is bust and I fear there’s no way back. The people running the sport have proved, as if fans didn’t no, that they do not have the capability! 

Just read this and checked the timeline when it appeared..

It said 22 hours ago..

It really could have said 22 years ago and many would stil have nodded in agreement.... :unsure: 

How about starting with whoever becomes Champions gets their average used as the limit next year? 

An aspirational level to be attained by the rest..

And meaning the Champs don't have to release riders if they don't want to...

And hopefully meaning their crowds, who have built an association with the riders who have brought success, can keep that so important emotional attachment that team followers desperately need..?

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, Bagpuss said:

Not enough variety. Poland and Sweden don’t ride everyone twice home and away. 

So they have less fixtures?