British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick , CL 6/9/19@19-30

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Weather wise on the day ,was it bad.Fans are starting to get the impression that any dampness in the air or rain a couple of day before meeting will it be on or off nowadays.Thats big negative for the sport at all tracks these days.The sport is a shambles and their doesn’t seem a way out of it. Only my opinion. I’m sure plenty would disagree.

Trouble is what is not acceptable in the UK, is perfectly acceptable on the Continent

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Weather wise on the day ,was it bad.Fans are starting to get the impression that any dampness in the air or rain a couple of day before meeting will it be on or off nowadays.Thats big negative for the sport at all tracks these days.The sport is a shambles and their doesn’t seem a way out of it. Only my opinion. I’m sure plenty would disagree.

Was raining up until lunchtime and then dry it had been wet all week what i wondered was

Were the covers down prior to yesterday or was the damage already done.

It is what it is but i agree it is a shambles and my enthusiasm is at an all time low to the extent i can't be arsed going tonight which is unheard of for a Berwick trip.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was raining up until lunchtime and then dry it had been wet all week what i wondered was

It is what it is but i agree it is a shambles and my enthusiasm is at an all time low to the extent i can't be arsed going tonight which is unheard of for a Berwick trip.

Get yourself away its that or strictly 

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Get yourself away its that or strictly 

Really can't be arsed m8 planning a few beers in the town instead ,don't fancy our chances much the Bandits are a tough nut to crack at home.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Really can't be arsed m8 planning a few beers in the town instead ,don't fancy our chances much the Bandits are a tough nut to crack at home.

Come 7 pm u will say i wish we had gone :drink:

Sun is shining in Berwick

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m the same enthusiasm rock bottom, also giving tonight a miss.

42 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Trouble is what is not acceptable in the UK, is perfectly acceptable on the Continent

Exactly ,sometimes by the same riders.:(

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Unfortunately it was the home Team that didn’t turn up ,or it simply would have been Scunny were crap.!!

So you were there last week and you thought you got your moneys worth. A track that was grippy in places, spongy in others, that rutted up on the bends, that had riders two wheeling in to the bends. All of these things meant the whole of the track couldn't be used safely resulting in a match that bore no resemblance to speedway we've enjoyed this season. Now this may be the norm for other tracks but we are trying to build our crowd by producing an entertaining evening. Just watch the videos on our Facebook page. Having ridden on the track rather than postponing all that happened I believe was the track needed more work than normal and that would require dry weather which we didn't get. The track staff posted photos late on Thursday and hoped for a dry night and Friday. It rained off and on till around 15 minutes after it was called off! Of course its dry and sunny today but surprise surprise rain is forecast for Tuesday evening and guess what is meant to be happening on Tuesday yes another home match. Are we p'd off yes and people sitting in the warmth of there home typing dog poo does not help. 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

So you were there last week and you thought you got your moneys worth. A track that was grippy in places, spongy in others, that rutted up on the bends, that had riders two wheeling in to the bends. All of these things meant the whole of the track couldn't be used safely resulting in a match that bore no resemblance to speedway we've enjoyed this season. Now this may be the norm for other tracks but we are trying to build our crowd by producing an entertaining evening. Just watch the videos on our Facebook page. Having ridden on the track rather than postponing all that happened I believe was the track needed more work than normal and that would require dry weather which we didn't get. The track staff posted photos late on Thursday and hoped for a dry night and Friday. It rained off and on till around 15 minutes after it was called off! Of course its dry and sunny today but surprise surprise rain is forecast for Tuesday evening and guess what is meant to be happening on Tuesday yes another home match. Are we p'd off yes and people sitting in the warmth of there home typing dog poo does not help. 

I was their and i have to say i have seen alot worse on dry tracks , at the end of the day certain riders just couldnt ride  a track that wasnt to there liking, as for entertainment i enjoyed the whole evening, starting with being told meeting delayed because " one of the scunny buses is running late" to the owner saying sorry to the crowd for getting beat and as a visitor i will be back .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I was their and i have to say i have seen alot worse on dry tracks , at the end of the day certain riders just couldnt ride  a track that wasnt to there liking, as for entertainment i enjoyed the whole evening, starting with being told meeting delayed because " one of the scunny buses is running late" to the owner saying sorry to the crowd for getting beat and as a visitor i will be back .

We have all seen plenty meetings on that type of track over the years.Perfect conditions in UK are hard enough especially in Sept/Oct. Cami Brown said it all ,the away riders adapted because they don’t know what to expect.The Home riders were caught out because the track was different to what they expected.Entertainment value is an opinion and that differs between fans.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We have all seen plenty meetings on that type of track over the years.Perfect conditions in UK are hard enough especially in Sept/Oct. Cami Brown said it all ,the away riders adapted because they don’t know what to expect.The Home riders were caught out because the track was different to what they expected.Entertainment value is an opinion and that differs between fans.

Your spot on about entertainment value and I suppose the trouble is those that don't enjoy what they are seeing just stop going rather than come on here and argue the toss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

yourself and fromafar,get yourselves down to berwick and for goodness sake support your team.you are in the play offs and have a good chance of finishing top of the pile.take the scunny defeat on the chin and get down there.me and the missus were in two minds wether to go to eastbourne or not last week but went anyway and saw a really good meeting.double header as well,no brainer.

• Like 1

Agree.Crowd levels are not great ,a lot of die-hard I know have just drifted away over the last couple of seasons .Dont know the answer though.