Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick , CL 6/9/19@19-30

6 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The problem was last week the riders had to "ride" the track rather than just go flat out and turn left at end of straight it was packed that tight with little loose dirt todays riders just cant handle anything that isnt super slick.

So that track was packed tight with littled loose dirt but riders need it super slick, does that not mean the track should've been to their liking? :unsure:

• Like 1

Facebook post says it all really, Cook looking miserable in his parka in the rain (old photo not a live one).

Cook clearly either not "in the right place" or "not happy with the track" .

Can't risk another home defeat so called it off.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Depends when Glasgow want to re run surely .

Yes it does but isn't the cut off just nine days away. After tomorrow night Glasgow are already racing on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday of night week, they could run a double header next Saturday with their meeting with Sheffield.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Yes it does but isn't the cut off just nine days away. After tomorrow night Glasgow are already racing on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday of night week, they could run a double header next Saturday with their meeting with Sheffield.

Was the cut off date not extended to the 19 th Sept.( could be wrong though)thought I read it somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was the cut off date not extended to the 19 th Sept.( could be wrong though)thought I read it somewhere.

I love the fact that Berwick fans are really well informed and up-to-date with the rules and then again there are others who think they read it somewhere :rofl:

Was mentioned in Redcar programme last week it has been extended to the 19th. 

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I love the fact that Berwick fans are really well informed and up-to-date with the rules and then again there are others who think they read it somewhere :rofl:

Edinburgh quoted 19th as cut off date if you’re really that bothered.I don’t know anyone who can quote the up-to-date rules in the sport.Except Craig Cook:P he has his own rule book.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Edinburgh quoted 19th as cut off date if you’re really that bothered.I don’t know anyone who can quote the up-to-date rules in the sport.Except Craig Cook:P he has his own rule book.

Art 18.1.8: The cut off date for the Premiership League will be 19th September and the Championship
League will be 15th September.

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 18.1.8: The cut off date for the Premiership League will be 19th September and the Championship

You're usually spot on with this sort of thing, Neil -- but the Championship extension (to 19th) has been fairly widely reported?

13 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

rules can be broken in Speedway ,when it suits some Teams.You should know that.Like I said who knows the Up-to-date rules.

Edited by Fromafar

Wouldn't it be nice just for once a fixture deadline mean exactly that. I cant remember a season where it hasn't been extended.

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Wouldn't it be nice just for once a fixture deadline mean exactly that. I cant remember a season where it hasn't been extended.

Exactly what's the bloody point of a cut off date, if they keep changing it how many blank racedays have all clubs had this season. 

• Like 1

It was a dodgy weather forecast last week & you used track covers. Where are they this week? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It was a dodgy weather forecast last week & you used track covers. Where are they this week? 

Didn't work last week so I'm guessing there in a skip.

• Like 2