British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

This should be a cracking two legged affair and i believe this meeting will be close.I think Belle Vue have to take at least a 10 point lead to the abbey to have any chance if Swindon get 40 points i will be reasonably happy roll on Thursday.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Good to see this being run now rather than the tail end of October after the play offs

Swindon favourites but Belle Vue have the chance to show what might have been and every incentive to do well

This Final should have been done and dusted mid season, I would have thought that Swindon would not have wanted this meeting just before the Play-Offs.

Belle Vue will need a lead of more than 10 points lead, which I do not see them getting. No tacks helps them at home, but I fear the worse at Swindon, where this year we have been poor.

Easy aggregate win on current form for Swindon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodenspoon said:

This Final should have been done and dusted mid season, I would have thought that Swindon would not have wanted this meeting just before the Play-Offs.

Belle Vue will need a lead of more than 10 points lead, which I do not see them getting. No tacks helps them at home, but I fear the worse at Swindon, where this year we have been poor.

Easy aggregate win on current form for Swindon.

I think having the meetings in the run up to the Play Offs is a good thing for Swindon, keeps them race fit as it were.

A coach load of Swindon fans will be making the journey to the NSS after an agreement between the 2 clubs to lay on transport at presumably subsidised rates and fair play to both promotions for agreeing to this, many get a raw deal on here but that is some welcome planning and something I would like to see more of.

• Like 5

48-42 when we met at the NSS less than a month ago so a 10 point lead is quite possible. Although Batchelor, who usually does well at Belle Vue, was poor by his usual standards and is unlikely to be as bad this time.

In truth I think we need more than 10, maybe about 15, to have any chance of winning on aggregate.  We are certainly the underdogs after our poor performances at the new Swindon track but results don't always go to previous form. Hopefully, we shall see two entertaining meetings. 

I cant see us getting near Swindon over two legs, our woeful away form will ensure a Swindon win

Would be surprised if the trophy ended up in Manchester but anything can happen. Swindon have never won the cup so COYR.

Swindon are Favourites, but it's cup final so you never know, should be a cracking tie either way.

And I wouldn't be confident with that Lisa, T/R or not. 

Maybe we could edge the home meeting. But no chance of even keeping it close away.

23 hours ago, bellevueace said:

And I wouldn't be confident with that Lisa, T/R or not. 

You never know in sport! 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, The Weasel said:

I think having the meetings in the run up to the Play Offs is a good thing for Swindon, keeps them race fit as it were.

A coach load of Swindon fans will be making the journey to the NSS after an agreement between the 2 clubs to lay on transport at presumably subsidised rates and fair play to both promotions for agreeing to this, many get a raw deal on here but that is some welcome planning and something I would like to see more of.

Thirty pounds for coach, entrance, programme, great value a great  gesture.It will be great to get loads of the Aces fans travelling down for the return leg on there last visit to the Abbey they brought a fair few.

• Like 4