British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

There are loads stating they are not going. Will be the smallest ever final crowd. Not sure why. As you say. It's a final. And a chance to win a trophy. I'll be at both legs. Come on aces 

I will be there - I expect a full house in our little section!!

A lot of them will be wearing orange and white scarves..with chants of "Lee and Aluns Tangerine Army"!.

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

So you’re a Belle Vue fan, living in Manchester and your team have made a cup final. Their opponents tonight feature a recent world champion and are considered to be amongst one of the top teams in the country. Two top teams racing on what’s said to be  the top track in the country and you can’t be bothered. 

Are you sure youre you’re a speedway fan ?

This board really is full of stay on do gooders.

We live in a world where custom essentially has to be purchased. Many people have lost there love with this sport, its proved by the huge decline of it.

A sports team needs to show ambition and be competitive. BV have not done that this season so they haven't met my expectations. Why should I part with my cash when that is the case?

The sport is competing for the general pound and there are better offerings available. 

You really have to work hard for your customers today and many speedway clubs simply dont do it.

If you are willing to just carry on regardless then that is your prerogative, but it's not mine.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wow - I'm gobsmacked

There is no need to be gobsmacked. It's a pretty simple situation as I have explained above.

Many many speedway fans, thousands upon thousands, share my thought process.

I will be as committed and as ambitious as the promotion. When they dont meet my expectations then I will not meet theirs.

Why should I?

I like acef cannot drum up any enthusiasm for this meeting, it will be touch & go whether I go tonight. Nothing to do with it being the KO Cup.

Perhaps it is because the management made poor team building decisions at the beginning and during the season and did not make changes when it became obvious they were needed.

If miracles do happen then Belle Vue are going to need one to win this trophy over two legs.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

There are loads stating they are not going. Will be the smallest ever final crowd. Not sure why. As you say. It's a final. And a chance to win a trophy. I'll be at both legs. Come on aces 

Who are the loads stating they are not going?There is only one on here.Why would anyone go to previous rounds and then not bother with the final? If it's because we might lose them it's a lame excuse.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, acef said:

We live in a world where custom essentially has to be purchased. Many people have lost there love with this sport, its proved by the huge decline of it.

A sports team needs to show ambition and be competitive. BV have not done that this season so they haven't met my expectations. Why should I part with my cash when that is the case?

The sport is competing for the general pound and there are better offerings available. 

You really have to work hard for your customers today and many speedway clubs simply dont do it.

If you are willing to just carry on regardless then that is your prerogative, but it's not mine.

Although I kind of see your point about management decisions and a come down after missing playoffs, this is still a cup final, it’s not a meaningless challenge meeting at end of season. It’s the last senior meeting of the season and with the current owners 3 year deal coming to an end it could be a winter or uncertainty again.

Regards tonight meeting, the different race format going make things different. With the normal race race format I would have been confident of around a 12 point win, both previous meetings Doyle has had a tactical ride that he won’t have tonight.

But with reserves only having 3 rides and top 4 having 5 rides this should be in Swindon’s favour. Ellis and Musielak can’t be as bad as last time but Bewley is riding better.

Swindon have changed round riding order moving Batchelor to 3 which is correct thing to do with this race format, disappointed Belle Vue have left theirs.

Bjerre had 2 crashes to finish off in Denmark last night so think he will be feeling sore. 

Edited by Rob B

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Although I kind of see your point about management decisions and a come down after missing playoffs, this is still a cup final, it’s not a meaningless challenge meeting at end of season. It’s the last senior meeting of the season and with the current owners 3 year deal coming to an end it could be a winter or uncertainty again.

I cant see any viable way that they could stay in the present climate unless they continue to put there own money into it.

I agree it's a big meeting, what has gone before has made it difficult for people to reason coming.

23 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Swindon have changed round riding order moving Batchelor to 3 which is correct thing to do with this race format, disappointed Belle Vue have left theirs.

Its little things like this that are SO frustrating 

1 hour ago, colin wood said:

Who are the loads stating they are not going?There is only one on here.Why would anyone go to previous rounds and then not bother with the final? If it's because we might lose them it's a lame excuse.

I know a handful and all you got to do is look on the various social media sites like facebook and twitter  

2 hours ago, acef said:

I understand your view and that's fair enough but if you apply that logic to say for example the Premier League where only two or three teams have any hope of winning silverware clubs like Palace or Southampton for example who are always in the lower reaches season after season would be playing to empty terraces. Fans obviously want to see their teams win but fans of clubs like the two examples attend because of a love of the sport and a lifetime commitment to the particular club. Maybe you've just fallen out of love with the sport in general.

• Like 1

Just finishing work so I'll be there. Might give the south stand a try for a change....................

I'm going and taking my Granddaughter with me, it's our last chance to see the Aces this season, before a long uncertain winter.

PS Rob I thought it was a 5 year game plan they had. ?????? 

It looks like kenneth will miss the meeting as his flight doesnt land till half 7. (If that's the flight hes on)